Well, gonna get kicked out when she finds out...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghost.Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
I just spent $250 on a new OMS C125!! Sometimes I hate going into my LDS, they always tell me about these deals and specials. The 'Honey I really did need this" doesnt work anymore. She freaked when she saw the recipt for my BC at $550. Good thing she thought that was for the whole package (reg, comp, fins, etc), otherwise I'd have been sleeping in my truck a long time ago.

Anyone got some good justifible reasons I can feed to her about why I really did need this...

1) I need my own tank so I can go out at night and make
'trespass dives'
2) I don't know where that rental tank has been...
3) I need to work on my upper body strength and those AL80's just don't do it..

Any others would be helpful...

in bed in the morning.

Buy her a big bunch of flowers.

Buy her boxes of chocolates.....

and when you tell her....let me know so I can be outside to catch them as they are thrown out the window!!! - i like chocolate caramels by the way!!!

You are in trouble !!!! :D

Well, say that it is for safety reasons. This should work fairly well if she is not a diver. Tell her that it is to keep you safe, and "you want me to be safe, don't you honey?" That question is a catch 22 though, so if you aren't 100% sure of the answer, I wouldn't ask.

Tell her the truth !!!........ummm well that is probably not gonna work ,..............so then tell her errrrrrrrrrr, hmmmmmm no that won't do. Oh yea how about this one, ..........no I tried it and it didn't work either.

Well I think you had better stick to Scubababy's idea, cause you're screwed. hehehe

Sorry I couldn't have been more help.

Butch :peace:

ps just tell her you borrowed it from a fellow diver :devilish: you don't have to tell her I live in Ontario Canada...................

Mr. Diver,

Have you ever considered inviting Mrs. Diver to join you in our sport? Could change your whole life around...for the better! Just a thought...if that doesn't work for you, go back to Plan A ala ScubaBaby.

But be prepared for some serious ______!

Joewr

You start by spending countless hours on the internet researching the best quality gear for the money. Follow that up with countless hours spent reading through magazines for the same reason. Then on weekends drag her to all the LDS's you can find and spend hours looking at gear and prices. Don't forget to go back and forth between LDS's to compare prices. Take a calculator to add up complete packages for comparison(this is as much for convenience as it is for effect). You tell her you don't want to make a big money decision without her input so she must accompany you on these outings(take her input into consideration or disregard it...it's up to you) Do this repeatedly, weekend after weekend, while spending all free time during the week reading and researching. After about a month or two, she will be so tired of you not spending any "quality" time with her, she will finally say "Oh, just go and buy the damn stuff so I can have my husband back!!" This method really works ..I've tried it. For me, when the wife finally blew, I was checking out this Genesis computer that I hadn't fully researched. She told me to just get the damn thing and gather up the rest of the gear I wanted (I was picking out gear for her too, by the way), and be done with it so she could have her husband back. I was then able to throw this approach on her..." Gee honey, I hate to make a rash decision and I haven't fully researched this computer. I'm awful reluctant to just buy it on impulse...but if you think it's the best thing to do..If it's not the best quality for the best price, then it's your fault, not mine. I just want to save us some money, but if you insist that I buy all this gear right now , then I want to do what will make you happy..." ...

I don't know if this approach will work more than once...I'll have to get back with you on that. :D

Zagnut-
That worked once I think. That was how I got my, er her truck last year....

Just tell her the truth. Tell her that you get so much enjoyment out of getting and using new gear that you couldn't pass it up. Tell her that if you didn't get the gear, you would be sitting around the house doing nothing but feeling sorry about how all of your friends are out having a good time diving. Don't forget to tell her how the other guy's wives don't mind it when their husbands get new gear, too. Ask her if she would rather you sit around the house drinking $250.00 worth of your favorits suds instead. This really works, just ask my ex-wife.
P.S. Hope the doghouse is warm enough for you.:cold:

If none of the other suggestions work try buying her something of greater value!!!! (be prepared to get that second, third or fourth job in order to keep her in HER new lifestyle that you are more than happy to provide)!!!

Laine

Stay away form Vikings advice :nono:
"This really works, just ask my ex-wife." :wink: hehe

I am thinking this was far more expensive than $250.00. hehehe

Butch :peace:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom