Welcome to the Swamp, Texan!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatexastony

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hey Houston Swampers....

We have a new face and he's right in Sugarland! Wonderin' what TLs is like.....:wink: WELCOME Texan, and as soon as you make a dive with one of us it'll be official.... As put before, there's only a couple requirements to being a member.
1) Wanting to dive safely with others and meet good dive buddies
2) Diving in Texas with another member of the Swampdiving Team

Oh, and the hazing....hehe.... KIDDING! :wink:

Checkin' Dees note says the water is still low 50s and vis is slowly comming around. Twin Lakes has 2 suspended training platforms and 2 more being built to launch soon. There are 2 entry (floating docks) and I believe 2 more are ready to be launched and anchored soon. Max depth in the 20 acre +/- main lake is 50 (so far) and viz gets up to 20/25 ft on the best days. Lots of fish and sunken boats and a bus to explore. Spring will get the underwater grass growing soon. The bottom is fine clay/sand, so crusing the bottom requires good bouyancy and kicking skills as not to stir it up. Check out some of Dees pictures (her site is in her signature line).

Looking forward to meeting you and divin some time soon!

tony

Welcome to the Swamp!

Tony pretty much filled you in on the lake and some of the new stuff in the works. Beast is building tank racks and Tony is working on an extension...sort of like a gear station for the Swampers. And air fill station should be functional by the end of April (thank the unrest in the middle east for the delay in equipment delivery!).

Located on Hwy 6, just 2 miles south of 288, it's easy to find and our home away from home.

Come join us!

I hope to join you folks when the water warms a little. I had no idea that there was a place this close to dive and i look forward to joining you. This is just too cool! :bounce:

Dee's pictures are awesome. I've never seen fresh water that clear. i'm dving next week in cozumel (if i get over this cold that hit me today). This'll make my forth trip there and i've been to cayman diving as well.

is twin lakes a commercial dive site, like blue lagoon, or is it private?

thanks again for the welcome and i look forward to meeting you folks.

Thanks,
Texan

...is a commercial dive sight. It was started last year from just a....lake. When we dove there first last May, there was nothing there but slick mud banks. Mike, the owner did a great job in a short period of time last summer and he's got even better plans for this year.

Once you dive this lake, and see all the life in it and how clean the water is, you'll never let you or your gear touch the alkaline water of Blue Lagoon again!

My the first of May the water will be in the 70's.

And don't forget...there are some pretty nice places to dive ABOVE the Brazos, as well! We'd love to show you some of them whenever you're up this way.

:hi:

ScubaTexan once bubbled...
And don't forget...there are some pretty nice places to dive ABOVE the Brazos, as well!

The Brazos??? What's that? :eek:ut: :hiding:

Welcome aboard

TL is a nice cozy sort of place you can hang out and get some diving in and by the sound of it will be even better due to all the hard work and effort Beast, Tony and rest are doing. All the folks at TL are a great bunch to hang out and dive with.

Geek

Dee once bubbled...
The Brazos??? What's that? :eek:ut: :hiding:

...is this little stream that connects Waco to College Station.

I knew I couldn't keep a straight face after typing that...:D

:rofL:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom