Welcome to the DRYFOB Manufacturers forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jaan

Ask me about DRYFOB
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello fellow Scubaboard members, and welcome to the DRYFOB manufacturers forum

DRYFOB makes waterproof car key containers suitable for scuba diving that have been IPx8 rated to 330ft (100m). The patent pending design is machined out of a rugged aluminum alloy and anodized for additional strength and corrosion protection. Dual O-rings and ample threads are used to create a waterproof seal. These waterproof containers are made to last and will stand up to repeated and prolonged use (as well as getting tossed around in your dive bag).

DRYFOB® comes in three sizes:
- The DRYFOB original container is designed to fit all standard car key FOBs.
- The DRYFOB-L can house some of the larger key FOBs such as the Jeep, New Mazda, Buick and Volvo
- The DRYFOB-XL can house popular PLB (Personal Locator Beacon) sizes and is also good for those seeking more room for credit cards, driver’s licenses, etc.

There are multiple attachment points that can accommodate a lanyard, bungee, ring, or clip. Most divers carry their DRYFOB in a BC pocket or clipped to a D-ring or other secure spot. The smaller DRYFOB containers are neutrally buoyant (with a FOB). We are always interested in how you use your DRYFOB and would encourage you to post information and pictures here for other DRYFOB users.

We invented the DRYFOB waterproof container because we needed a solution ourselves for our car keys while shore diving. Our friends and fellow divers saw it and wanted one for themselves, so we made more. A year later, we have a growing list of dive shops that carry them, and we sell them direct from our website and on Amazon. We still have them machined in small quantities and inspect and assemble each one ourselves before they go out the door to ensure quality.

DRYFOB LLC is based in Miami, Florida, and can be reached at info@dryfob.com or www.dryfob.com or 1.888.8.DRYFOB or this forum.

We really appreciate everyone's support on scubaboard for encouraging us with your purchases and feedback. We also love getting your comments and pictures. It always makes our day to hear a fellow diver tell us that they've been searching for a solution for their car keys and that they are happy to have found the DRYFOB.

Thank you
Nathalie and Jaan
Founders of DRYFOB LLC

1658246059769.png

Specifications for DRYFOB can be found on our website at https://dryfob.com/product-information/
I wanted to post them here also for reference for each of the three available sizes.

DRYFOB Original Car Key Container​

Outer Dimensions (width)Top: 2” (50mm), Bottom: 1.85” (46mm)
Overall Height4.33” (110mm)
Inner Cavity SizeLength: 3.75” (95mm), Diameter: 1.65” (42mm)
Weight3.7 oz (104g)
BuoyancyNeutral with FOB
Buoyancy: 2.3 oz (65g)
Depth TestedIPx8 certified to 330ft (100m)

DRYFOB-L Car Key Container​

Outer Dimensions (width)Top: 2.13” (54mm), Bottom: 1.97” (50mm)
Overall Height4.53” (115mm)
Inner Cavity SizeLength: 3.93” (100mm), Diameter: 1.81” (46mm)
Weight4.27 oz (121g)
BuoyancyNeutral with larger FOB
Buoyancy: 3.2 oz (92g)

DRYFOB-XL PLB Container Specifications​

Outer Dimensions (width)Top: 3.07” (78mm), Bottom: 2.91” (74mm)
Overall Height5.51” (140mm)
Inner Cavity SizeLength: 4.80” (122 mm), Diameter: 2.75” (70 mm)
Weight7.8 oz (221g)
BuoyancyBuoyancy: 11.9 oz (338g)

Let us know if any questions.
Thanks again
Jaan and Nathalie

DRYFOB-collection-art.jpeg

Been using one for my car key over the past six months with no issues.

full

I have a small bolt snap attached with a bit of bungee and that either clips onto some bungee in one of my wet/drysuit pockets or inside the pocket attached to my wing webbing.

full

Happy owner of one myself! Fantastic product. No issues to report.

Specifications for DRYFOB can be found on our website at https://dryfob.com/product-information/
I wanted to post them here also for reference for each of the three available sizes.

DRYFOB Original Car Key Container​

Outer Dimensions (width)Top: 2” (50mm), Bottom: 1.85” (46mm)
Overall Height4.33” (110mm)
Inner Cavity SizeLength: 3.75” (95mm), Diameter: 1.65” (42mm)
Weight3.7 oz (104g)
BuoyancyNeutral with FOB
Buoyancy: 2.3 oz (65g)

DRYFOB-L Car Key Container​

Outer Dimensions (width)Top: 2.13” (54mm), Bottom: 1.97” (50mm)
Overall Height4.53” (115mm)
Inner Cavity SizeLength: 3.93” (100mm), Diameter: 1.81” (46mm)
Weight4.27 oz (121g)
BuoyancyNeutral with larger FOB
Buoyancy: 3.2 oz (92g)

DRYFOB-XL PLB Container Specifications​

Outer Dimensions (width)Top: 3.07” (78mm), Bottom: 2.91” (74mm)
Overall Height5.51” (140mm)
Inner Cavity SizeLength: 4.80” (122 mm), Diameter: 2.75” (70 mm)
Weight7.8 oz (221g)
BuoyancyBuoyancy: 11.9 oz (338g)

Let us know if any questions.
Thanks again
Jaan and Nathalie

DRYFOB-collection-art.jpeg
If the XL were just an inch longer it could be used as a replacement for a light canister for a long hose and hold a regular sized iPhone.

If the XL were just an inch longer it could be used as a replacement for a light canister for a long hose and hold a regular sized iPhone.
Thank you for that, and yes, we've also had some inquiries for the longer 5.8" ACR AquaLink (discontinued) which is 1" longer too.
Others with the small RescueMe's were hoping for smaller and slightly narrower. For now, no immediate plans for additional sizes but we will continue to gather feedback and appreciate the product application ideas too.

Would you direct to a picture showing the mentioned 1 small drilled hole in the bottom lip of the dryfob xl. What is the hole diameter? The punch through two oblong cuts in the lid lip dimensions?

Sure wish the interior of the canister had an attachment point. I would tether a small plb to the interior of the canister for deployment in choppy water. If I just quickly upon removal attach to my person it could be an extra step I suppose.

Hi @Jeff_O and thanks for your comment. The small hole is 3mm round (there is a single one on the bottom lip). The punch outs on the top lid are oblong and 8mm x 4mm. There are two of these. That said, many have actually used a bungee and hose clamp setup over the body. There are recessed grooves and even the knurling provides a good no-slip surface for adherence. It also lets you slip the bungee around a hand/wrist when accessing in choppy water.

Have a look at the review that one of our early SB customers posted here which shows some mounting ideas:
DryFob XL: Affordable Canister for PLB

Some of the comments also include using 3m stick-on rings and other means of attaching a lanyard to the lid to secure the PLB inside.
The inner cap has a smooth and flat surface so I think this could work well.

1664941088768.png
1664941105569.png
1664941125536.png

NOTE: THE SMALL 3MM hole is ONLY on the DRYFOB-XL. The smaller DRYFOB and DRYFOB-L units only have the punch outs on the top cover. The size of these punch outs (8mm x 4mm) is the same on all models.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom