Welcome to the DRYFOB Manufacturers forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just an update for those that reached out wanting some of those limited edition colors. Everything has arrived and is available for immediate shipping. Note that the new colors are only for the original (42mm) DRYFOB units (for now!)
Thanks for everyone's encouragement .

View attachment 757219
Available in Green, Red, Purple, Blue, Yellow, Pink and Orange

Can we order the "fun colors" through our local dive shop, if they already sell you dryfob goods? I'm looking for the yellow one.

Hey @Dann-Oh thanks for the question. I'm afraid that those limited colors are only available though us. We paid a premium for the anodizing in the special colors and only ordered in small quantities.

You can order direct from our website at: The DRYFOB Store - DRYFOB

Note also that we will soon have the limited edition colors for the large available and just a handful of the XLs too. If you are keen to get a specific color of the L or the XL, now is your chance. You heard it on Scubaboard first! I can open up the site for pre-ordering as we should get them in April.

Hey @Dann-Oh thanks for the question. I'm afraid that those limited colors are only available though us. We paid a premium for the anodizing in the special colors and only ordered in small quantities.

You can order direct from our website at: The DRYFOB Store - DRYFOB

Note also that we will soon have the limited edition colors for the large available and just a handful of the XLs too. If you are keen to get a specific color of the L or the XL, now is your chance. You heard it on Scubaboard first! I can open up the site for pre-ordering as we should get them in April.
Ohh awesome. I'm pretty sure I'll need a "size L" dryfob, I have a Subaru Outback keyfob.

Hey Jaan..... Thanks for all of your info...and for your product. I just went to Amazon and ordered a Blue L that I'll be taking to Bonaire in a couple of weeks... I dive a Zeagle Stiletto BC for warm water and plan to store the Dryfob "L" into the "port" side of my rear trim weight pockets. There should be enough room in the trim pocket to accomodate the Dryfob and a 3lb weight to offset my 13cf pony that'll be on the "starboard" side. I'll get some pics and a review done when I get back...

PS.... I know that you have detailed "specs" already listed.....but just for "visual scale" I think it would be cool for you to post a pic of all 3 sizes alongside a typical 12oz soda can.

Cheers...

Hey Jaan..... Thanks for all of your info...and for your product. I just went to Amazon and ordered a Blue L that I'll be taking to Bonaire in a couple of weeks... I dive a Zeagle Stiletto BC for warm water and plan to store the Dryfob "L" into the "port" side of my rear trim weight pockets. There should be enough room in the trim pocket to accomodate the Dryfob and a 3lb weight to offset my 13cf pony that'll be on the "starboard" side. I'll get some pics and a review done when I get back...

PS.... I know that you have detailed "specs" already listed.....but just for "visual scale" I think it would be cool for you to post a pic of all 3 sizes alongside a typical 12oz soda can.

Cheers...
Hey Thank you @NW Dive Dawg that sounds great and we'd love to see pictures of your setup. If you don't mind, send them in to info@dryfob.com too so we can share ideas in our FAQ too. Hope you also show the DRYFOB around in Bonaire

Great idea with the can of coke. It's hard to put in perspective with the phone photo. It seems the coke is wider than the XL so I took a second one with the coke inside (yes it fits snugly in the XL). For those that may get thirsty during a dive. Interestingly enough, we have had cave divers purchase the DRYFOBs to carry snacks for multi-hour dives, very cool. They pop-up in a pocket somewhere to have a snack and continue on!

I keep mine in a front BC pocket and attach it with a clip to the zipper pull for extra safety. It should be neutrally buoyant with the FOB in there but depending on the FOB, you can always add a quarter or two if need be.

Have a great trip to Bonaire and thanks for the great idea.

1681085184863.png

1681085208567.png

Hey Jaan....... Ordered my Blue L yesterday afternoon on Amazon and it just arrived a bit earlier today.... Exactly as advertised and looks to be a very well made unit! WIth the fine threads, tightly machined tolerances and double O-rings.....I don't see it leaking.

I checked to see how it would fit into one of the rear trim pockets of my Zeagle Stiletto and it's perfect..... Along with a couple lbs of soft weight to offset my "starboard" mounted pony and looks like it's all a "GO" for Bonaire shore diving! I also added one of my waterproof ID stickers......just in case!!!

Also, just for additional reference..... I took pic of the L alongside a 12oz typical soda can... Looks to me like the "L" would fit perfectly "inside" the soda can.

PS...... Now that I see the quality of this unit I think I also want to by an XL since it'll fit credit cards and I'm thinking maybe even a small "burner" flip phone while on the Island..... but I see that the XL's are backordered at the moment.... We leave for Bon on April 25th so about 2 weeks. Any chance of an XL getting to me in time if I order today? Or if you want to sell me that green one in the pic I can PayPal you directly! :cool:

ukP4gvj.jpg

PZXkeaZ.jpg

16cF5uR.jpg

snZmwiV.jpg

v5lZeUV.jpg

Nice pics @NW Dive Dawg, I have to get me some of those ID stickers too. BTW the inside of the cap is also nice and flat and would be great for a sticker.

Yes, the XLs, originally made for PLBs have proven to be quite popular for divers wanting to carry credit cards and more stuff. It caught us off guard, but we do have more on the way, they should be arriving on Apr 14th.

If you are leaving on the 25th and if you're willing to take my green demo you can place the order on-line and just say 'willing to take demo in the comments and I will pack it up and ship it off to you tomorrow. I'll DM you on what we have as demos.

Thanks also for the kind words on the product too.
Jaan

Thanks for the quick response Jaan..... I'm off to the site to order the green demo.

Cheers... H

Hey Everyone, we received a few limited edition colors in the DRYFOB-L and DRYFOB-XL also. I know a few people were waiting for the XL. I really only ordered a handful, so wanted to make them available to our SB friends first.

1681505656025.png

Our signature Red and Blue DRYFOBs are available in all sizes (including the XLs) too

Hey Jaan.......

The green XL demo arrived today....in perfect condition... I'm really dig'n the green color! Thank-you!

ut448dm.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom