Welcome to the DRYFOB Manufacturers forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not intending to take a happy thread in a negative direction but I’m disappointed to share there’s a common dive light brand out there selling an exact copy of Jaan’s DRYFOB with their brand on it.

Glad I have two authentic DRYFOB canisters.

The dive light brand wasn’t in the running to get my business but their unethical adoption of Jaan’s product and branding it as their own doubles the reason not to buy any product from them.

That bigblue canister is not quite an exact copy of the Dryfob XL. For example, the lid is different.
@Jaan, are you OEM'ing these for bigblue?

That bigblue canister is not quite an exact copy of the Dryfob XL. For example, the lid is different.
@Jaan, are you OEM'ing these for bigblue?
Let's hope not. I don't want my DRYFOB blowing up and punching a hole through my knee. After the recall after that happened to the cave diver visiting Florida, I got rid of my Big Blue lights, and not just the canister

Let's hope not. I don't want my DRYFOB blowing up and punching a hole through my knee. After the recall after that happened to the cave diver visiting Florida, I got rid of my Big Blue lights, and not just the canister
He said FOR bigblue, not FROM bigblue. If they are OEM’ing FOR bigblue, then they are the same high quality product that we are used to

He said FOR bigblue, not FROM bigblue. If they are OEM’ing FOR bigblue, then they are the same high quality product that we are used to
Woosh! It was a joke. These are storage canister. No battery without an OPV.

Let's hope not.

These are not our products.

We have not released the PR yet but we just got all our DRYFOB models recertified and IPx8 rated for 1,200 ft (365m) including our original, large and XL. This is by an outside accredited lab. That was actually the max the lab could do so we’re not really sure how much deeper they can go but we are proud of the design. We appreciate everyone’s support.

These are not our products.

We have not released the PR yet but we just got all our DRYFOB models recertified and IPx8 rated for 1,200 ft (365m) including our original, large and XL. This is by an outside accredited lab. That was actually the max the lab could do so we’re not really sure how much deeper they can go but we are proud of the design and we don’t intend to change a thing. We appreciate everyone’s support.
I was joking. I love my DRYFOB. Super convenient and well made.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom