Weights Lost At Nubble 7/26/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of my club's members found the 10 pounds of soft weights at Nubble. (Someone had actually picked them up, taken them out of the pouch (which was missing) and neatly piled them up on the rocks. In retrieving them, he lost a 2 pounder. This saves me around $20 replacing them. (Scubapro is replacing the pockets and associated BC componentry under warranty.)

Thanks to everyone who looked or offered to do so.

Last year a buddy and I found a (was until ditched) integrated weight panel.
It was so heavy I used a lift bag to recover it. I did not realize my buddy
was videotaping the recovery. I eventually was able to return the weights to
the appropriate persons.

DavidInNH:
One of my club's members found the 10 pounds of soft weights at Nubble. (Someone had actually picked them up, taken them out of the pouch (which was missing) and neatly piled them up on the rocks. In retrieving them, he lost a 2 pounder. This saves me around $20 replacing them. (Scubapro is replacing the pockets and associated BC componentry under warranty.)

Thanks to everyone who looked or offered to do so.

So were those your weights he found or are they still down there ? I’m doing a Nubble dive tomorrow (Thursday) and will have a look for you if they are still lost. I’m just going up there for a single dive, to do some valve drills. Nothing else planned, I should have time to look around.

All ten pounds were found but a two-pound bag was subsequently re-lost. The weight pocket was not found but is being replaced under warrantee by Scubapro.

Thanks for looking though.

Never got to dive today. The Nubble was jam packed with cars and people. Not a space to be had, got up there too late in the day (2PM) Going to try again tomorrow at 8:30AM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom