Weezle Extreme+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh come on, Jep...It was a standard DUI CF200 suit with a SiTech or Apeks valve. There are thousands of them out there. The valve tests fine, and the Weezle had a rip where it got stuck. Weezle can weasel out of culpability on their website, but the fact is that the outer fabric of the undergarment got stuck and clogged the drysuit exhaust valve. That seems to contradict Weezle's assertion that it has been eliminated. I have never heard of or read about this happening with any other undergarment.

The word "bias" indicates that I have no experience with it and am prejudicial about it. I have tried one and found it to be lacking. Additionally, a friend of mine was nearly injured by one. That is hardly a bias. That's an informed opinion.

I don't know anyone that dives in cold water that could easily get to their neck seal to dump. It's a technique that is taught in the pool in drysuit classes, but has little applicability to real life when you start dealing with dry gloves and hoods. If you want to blame the diver for getting ahead of himself or whatever, go ahead...I'm sure you have never realized you had a bit too much gas in your suit a second too late.

The diver was not at fault. The equipment was faulty. There are several ways to solve this problem. One is to buy an undergarment that doesn't need fixing in the first place. The other is to fix the undergarment by putting a few holes in it at the exhaust valve location or adding a piece of stiff material there to prevent the problem. If I found that the Weezle was warm for me, I would be the first one to buy one (and then fix it so I didn't emulate a breaching whale).

jepuskar:
Duane, my experience has just the opposite of yours. The DUI 400G was like a piece of cardboard, very stiff...and not very warm. The Weezle Extreme+ is very loose fitting, very flexible...there are no tight spots anywhere..I have full range of motion.

I agree, the 400g is pretty stiff at first. But it does loosen up the more you dive it. Or ball it up on the floor, toss it in the backseat, let the kids play on it, ect. This is why I needed a size bigger for my 400g as the stock XL (it fit on land) didn't give me the stretch needed to reach my valves.

jepuskar:
I don't understand what all the talk is of needing more loft with this undergarment...I add less air with this garment then with the DUI and I'm warmer..much warmer. For me the Weezle dumps air much quicker as well.

Due to the nature of the material the Weezles are made of, air must be added to gain more insulation. This isn't the case with Thinsulate (as much). The Weezle's will compress to be very thin, that is why it feels like there is more room. Then you add air to expand the material to add more insulation.

jepuskar:
It doesnt really matter...im happy, you're happy...that's what matters.

If you are happy, that's all that matters. Then I can sleep better at night. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom