Weekly Dive-Sat Dec 1st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool! Group hug at the dive this weekend.

:pinkandlo<---WARNING! Watchout for Tevis

Rick

Hey, I resemble that!:D

Just keep your toes hidden from Tevis, and you'll be safe. :wink:

. . . . . aand I resemble that too!:D:D

As far as I know...an F-Stop is when you begin to cuss....then Stop.

Yes I know, I'm a :lotsalove:

Am going to give an honest effort to make the dive Saturday though!!

Welp, that does it, I guess I am going to beg the missus to let me meet y'all out there for the first dive at least!

Tom, you are one of the good guys, you are getting a Beach Crab/Tevis Hug on Sat, and I would be honored to dive with you!

Happy Festivus all!

Now somebody thank me!

As far as I know...an F-Stop is when you begin to cuss....then Stop.

Yes I know, I'm a :lotsalove:

Am going to give an honest effort to make the dive Saturday though!!

I'm starting to dry out up here in the mountains...

:rofl3:

Hope you make it to the dive.

Rick

Uh...guys...damn I hate to be a spoilsport, but...this is what I'm lookin at:

From WaveCast:
Date and Time: 11/30/2007 7:33 PM
Swell Summary:
SSW: 1.0 feet from 219 degrees at 13 seconds
WNW: 12.4 feet :skull: from 314 degrees at 9 seconds

Oh, and then there's this:

Saturday the 1st should see an increase in NW swell from another Gulf system. This is looking like 290 degrees with 16-second periods with size running chest high at west facing breaks (head high occasionally at standouts), waist to chest at south facing spots picking up the wrap, chest+ though at SW exposed spots. Weather is questionable though on Saturday as a cold air trough plows through the region. Air temps may not make it above the high 50s along the coast, we could see some precipitation, and onshore winds could get brutal early on.

And this:

WaveShot.jpg

I don't know about you guys, but I definitely do not feel up for 12 foot swells! Which sucks, because I got my tank filled and my car packed and ready to go. But ya know, I'm just not all that interested in looking death in the face.

Will y'all think I'm wuss if I back out, quivering in fear???

I'll see you guys at the beach in the morning cause you never know what it's going to look like till you get there & if we don't dive at least we can go have breakfast with a bunch of dive buddies.

John

Okay, maybe I'm reading these reports the wrong way. You'll see me in the morning, and if it's doable I'll do it. See ya soon! :D

I like to follow the go, look, dive policy. I have went with reports of 8' waves, and found 1'ers, and went with dive reports of 1-2' waves and found 6'ers. Things change from minute to minute in SoCal.

As John said,(nice avitar, John) if it is bad, we go to breakfast with friends. The next best thing to diving on a Sat morning:D

See everyone there,
Rick

A huge thanks to all for today, what amazing fun we had, laughing, lobster (jokes) and merriment was had all around. And to the above amazingly WRONG forcast. . . ptooooy!

The only way to REALLY know conditions, is to show up. A profound friend of mine said, "80% of diving is just getting your butt outta bed."

Lovin me some beachcrabs! Lovin me some more the folks that were there today!

Merry Christmas all!

Tevis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom