Weekly Dive-Sat Dec 1st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tevis & the Beach Crabs,
You are right, I apologize. It was only a joke, but I respect that you are there to help and encourage beach diving and I very much appreciate that. Beyond that all the members I have met to date are a very friendly & helpful bunch. I very much hope to dive with you for many, many dives to come and I will refrain from any cheap shots. Again, my apologies for a poor joke. Tevis, will you forgive me & buddy up Saturday AM?...
Sincerely,
Tom

Well here I am once AGAIN saying...yes I intend to make this dive! Seriously. FINALLY! I'm going to try my damndest to get caught up in life so I can be there. I would say "count on it", but given my track record lately, I'd suggest no one hold their breath!

Really, tho, I will try to make it.

Well here I am once AGAIN saying...yes I intend to make this dive! Seriously. FINALLY! I'm going to try my damndest to get caught up in life so I can be there. I would say "count on it", but given my track record lately, I'd suggest no one hold their breath!

Really, tho, I will try to make it.

Yea sure.:rofl3:

John

Lee Anne... give me your address Kris and I will come pick you up so you cannot back out! But then again you never know with us...

I feel a Beach Crab group hug in the works on this dive!

Beach Crabs hugs are the best hugs... you can quote me on that if you like!

I really hope to see you all on saturday!!!!!!!

Just keep your toes hidden from Tevis, and you'll be safe. :wink:

I really am going! REALLY! I SWEAR! Anybody willing to be my buddy?

Me, speed diver? BAHAHAHAHA!!! I'm the slowest of slow pokes, I should warn ya. :D

I just started doing underwater photography - I wanted to get to 100 dives before I actually brought a camera in the water with me, so I'd feel comfortable enough with my basic dive skills before I introduced another task. I hit 100 dives on my trip to Bali in September, and got some awesome shots! But I have yet to bring my camera in the water here in SoCal. So I'm bringing it with me on Saturday. I expect I'll be moving pretty slowly as I try to improve my photog skills. Cuz right now I suck. Can anyone PLEASE explain to me what the hell an F-stop is??? :wink:

John, thanks for volunteering, and I'll see you Saturday!

All right! I get to dive Saturday. See everyone there.

...Can anyone PLEASE explain to me what the hell an F-stop is??? :wink:

As far as I know...an F-Stop is when you begin to cuss....then Stop.

Yes I know, I'm a :lotsalove:

Am going to give an honest effort to make the dive Saturday though!!

I'm starting to dry out up here in the mountains...

And just so I'm not a total jerk with my attempt of humor up there...

The f-stop of a lens is a number that represents the aperture opening. A large opening is a small f number, and a small opening is a large f stop. Lenses are rated in the range of f-stop numbers they can be set to. Pay particular attention to the lowest number. If a lens is rated, "f3 to f22," the f-3 is what you care about. This represents the lens' ability to pass light. The smaller the number the more light the lens can admit which improves the camera's ability to capture images in places with low light. Some of the best 35mm film cameras have lenses that are rated at around f1.2 and f1.8. In digital cameras you will do well to get a lens in the area of f2.8.

I'm no photo guru anymore...but hope that helps. Note I haven't a clue how good ol' H2O affects F-Stop settings, if at all. Just trying to help!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom