Weeki Wachee Reefs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NitroRoo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
So I've heard it *rumored* that there are some reefs off the coast straight out from the mouth of the weeki wachee river. Anybody heard of these or know how to get to them?

NitroRoo:
So I've heard it *rumored* that there are some reefs off the coast straight out from the mouth of the weeki wachee river. Anybody heard of these or know how to get to them?

I think so you would need to get a fish hunter CD Program it will give all reef and other site on it with all locations

es1760:
I think so you would need to get a fish hunter CD Program it will give all reef and other site on it with all locations

What do you mean by reef? The charts show a St MArtins Reef in that area.

Thanks! Are there charts like that available online somewhere?

By reef I guess it doesnt have to "technically" be a reef.. just a good spot to see some sponges, soft corals, and aquatic life. I know it's not the keys up here but I still like to check out those places.

We're going down to bradenton to dive spanish rocks this weekend... something like that would be neat I guess. I havent been diving the area for very long (6 months) so I havent hit all the spots. I dont have a boat so that's a factor.. but a friend of a friend has one and wanted to find this rumored reef... I guess they heard it was a "best kept secret" type of place...

Thats from a digital chart program, mapsource. I dont think you can find high quality charts online for free, though.

There is bendicksons ( the tanks) and richardsons reefs ( culverts , bridge pieces ect) and the fish haven sites more junk piles. They are marked on the florida sportman fishing charts. If you cant find the numbers PM me I will call down to my house in FL and have my brother go fetch my lil black book and give you em.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom