Weekday diving in May!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So... just to confirm - I should show up at Lobos tomorrow around 8:00'ish and tell the ranger I'm with Mike G. and Don (?), right?

Dannobee - are you going to Lobos as well, or elsewhere?

So... just to confirm - I should show up at Lobos tomorrow around 8:00'ish and tell the ranger I'm with Mike G. and Don (?), right?

Yep! See you in the morning. 8am is early!

dannobee, mikeguerrero, and hepcat62: Thanks for the dives today. Conditions were amazing, and the dives were a lot of fun. I have some video to edit, but here's a few shots.

@ Great Pinnacle, in 70' of water.
090514_IMG_1496.JPG

@ Middle Reef, in 50' of water.
090514_IMG_1538.JPG

@ The End of Middle Reef, heading home, in 60' of water.
090514_IMG_1552.JPG

All shots are ambient light, so it was quite impressive today. Absolutely calm on the surface in the cove and in the sand channel, the water was mid forties, but visibility was stunning. Easily 60' at Great Pinnacle.

Thanks for the report - looks awesome. I'm posting a new thread for this coming Tuesday - Hopefully Lobos :D

(((kevin)))

Here's the promised videos, which don't do the dives justice. But it's something.

To watch in high quality, please click on the link and select [HQ] option. Or enjoy embedded.

05.14.09 Pt Lobos - Great Pinnacle. Because this dive with dannobee was so much fun, I almost ditched MG on the second dive to join dannobee again. Diving off a small inflatable is pretty sweet.

05.14.09 Pt Lobos - Middle Reef

Sweet! Those Olive Rockfish in the first vid were just hanging out in the water column in a ridge. There was a little current in there, but they seemed to not even move, sort of like a living picture or something.

The diving on the second dive was spectacular too. We spotted a BIG male sheephead hiding in a crack. This guy looked bigger than Victor, or maybe Victor got a hold of Victor Conte for some steroids. :eyebrow:

The Cannery Point side of Bluefish is arguably the best site in the park, but rarely dived by even the scooter people. The area between the wash rock (and maybe a 50 yd circle around it) and Cannery Point is simply fabulous.

Here's the promised videos, which don't do the dives justice. But it's something.

Good to see you caught most of the instances of me applying the "hand brakes" anytime I almost ran right into MikeG's fins. :D

Yeah, I need to work on getting comfortable and horizontal. I think my 30-degree estimate was about right in some of those shots...

Thanks for the dives today guys - it was great to finally dive Lobos, and the good company didn't hurt!

Great videos Don! I really hope conditions hold out for the weekend too.

Don,

Thanks for taking the pics of us and getting some video of us, not getting lost... :) I had a great time and want to thank you for the S-drills, I hope to get in some more practice next time you are free...

Did the topside pics of Brian and I come out? If so, I'd love to see them...

Thanks,

MG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom