weekday dive at DS: 8/18 & 8/19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just checking in. Is somebody still coming out to Dutch Wednesday morning (8/18) at 10AM for some dives? I'm officially bailing from work so I'll be there. Just want to make sure someone else is there to dive with. :eyebrow:

Bob

I will officially NOT be there until about 5 PM on Wednesday evening for a couple of night dives, but will definitely be there 10 AM on Thursday. I'm driving a green Honda Accord, Jersey plates. It probably won't make much difference where we decide to meet up (parking lot or peninsula) -- it isn't that busy during the week. However, at some point, we really should talk to someone at DS and ask them to help us set up a permanent Wreck Valley Divers "meet and greet" area, so we can direct people where to go.
-Andrew

Hi all! I am still committed for dutch on 8/18 & 8/19. Those who can make it either day...that's great!!! I will have to leave around 2 o'clock on Thursday though, (have a dinner engagement). I'll see some of you around 10am tomorrow & get to meet up with the others on Thursday too. Andrew...great idea! It at least gives us members a location or reference point to hook up with the other wreck valley divers. See you all tomorrow & Thursday!

I'll talk to Kevin this afternoon, and see what's required to have the gate personnel know where Wreck Valley Divers is going to call home. That way, as members come to the gate, they can just ask, and get pointed in the right direction. They have this same setup for the dive shops, so I don't think it should be too big a hassle to have the same thing for a club. If they want a fee, I'll foot it.
-Andrew

I won't be able to make it tomorrow after all. During class today, one of the students let the instructor know that he is returning to college, and won't be able to complete the course next week, so the instructor asked if we could finish it tomorrow. So, I'll be in class and taking an exam tomorrow, and probably wouldn't be able to get to DS until about 1:00 at the earliest.

Meanwhile...tonight's dives there were pretty good. The storms held off, and there was even some sunshine around 7:00 PM. I went over to the peninsula when I got there at 5, but I guess eveyone had already left. There was a light-blue mini-van, but that was pretty much it, so I figured you all had bailed early.
I talked to one of the girls at the office about finding a permanent residence there for Wreck Valley, and the answer was that they wouldn't do that for anyone. However, if we tell the guy at the gate where we're going to be, and who we are, he will then relay that information to anyone else who comes through the gate and asks. So the key is...get there early, get the same "spot" every time, and eventually it'll just "become" the Wreck Valley Divers' spot.

One point, though -- I personally think the peninsula sucks (unless you're diving the crane or the car). I am not an instructor, so parking privileges are zero. I also don't like the weekend zoo that goes on over there while everyone tries to get down to the unloading area, and I especially hate lugging stuff from the parking area to the water. So...does anyone have any thoughts on setting up "shop" on the student side? Parking along the road is usually possible first thing in the morning (great for those with season passes), and it's a heck of a lot closer to the water, in terms of distance required to lug stuff. The only down side is...Cardiac Hill.

-Andrew

Just a quick count of who's coming to dutch today 8/19. I'm driving up solo, & want to make sure that I'll have a buddy. I'm leaving my house around 9am, so if you catch this, just shoot a quick reply before then.

I'm meeting my brother in law and his brother in the outside parking lot at noon.

Dave

Hi Andrew. Sorry we're gonna miss you today. We left yesterday around the 3:30-4:00 range. Had a couple of great dives. Hope to try to meet up with you again. Lots of luck with the instruction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom