Wednesday: First day of scuba diving certification class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr. Ed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
First day of scuba diving certification class is Wednesday. I live in Central NY close to the Finger Lakes and there doesn't seem to be many diving spots in New York State. Besides my instructors pool I will be practice diving in Cayuga Lake.

Excitement abounds in anticipation for diver certification. I hope I will have ample opportunity to experience multiple dives and diving locations.

Anyone familiar with diving spots Northeastern USA?

Welcome and good luck with the OW course. I'm a native of Yonkers and have shore dived the East Coast a fair bit. You can check out the "area" sub forums for local advice. There is some pretty good diving in the Gloucester, MA area, a couple of spots in RI. CT is very shallow. Long Island can be OK if you can find a (legal) spot to park. Several places on the North Jersey coast. Not really much shore diving South of that until you get to FL.

There are lots of diving in NYS. Finger Lakes of course as you mention, Lake Ontario and then the St. Lawrence Seaway.

Welcome to ScubaBoard.

Is Dutch Springs water park in Pennsylvania too far for you?

Wilbuuurrrr! :D

Wilbuuurrrr! :D
The Far Side: Mr. Ed on the witness stand:
"So I just finish my feed and see Wilbur carrying a big sack filled with something out back...."

Back
Top Bottom