Wedding Rings and the Ocean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

its hard to hurt a guys ring. the wife does not dive with hers on.
It's not about hurting the ring, it is about losing it. My fingers shrink, the ring falls off.

Plastic, silicone, steel, titanium, etc., is the new gold/platinum. What happened to tradition? Why bother wearing any ring at all? That’s the next step, isn’t it?

You can always attach your wedding ring to a bolt-snap and clip it off on your BCD.

It's not about hurting the ring, it is about losing it. My fingers shrink, the ring falls off.
we are on the same page. hitting things with a guys ring is no biggy but not the same for a womans ring. In addition gloves do not fit over womans rings very well.

Plastic, silicone, steel, titanium, etc., is the new gold/platinum. What happened to tradition? Why bother wearing any ring at all? That’s the next step, isn’t it?
It depends on which tradition you want to go with. :wink:

History of the Wedding Ring — With These Rings

Obviously the sentiment behind the ring trumps the material of the ring.

I've never had any problem with the one on my left ring finger, however, I have to be subtle and somewhat secretive to remove the one my wife put through my nose. :rofl3:

Cheers -

You might agree that it is innapropriate for diving.
Yup. Even more with a drysuit.

IME here on the right side of the pond both spouses use just a band for wedding ring. She might be given a stone for their engagement, but around here it's very common that the same set of bands is used both as engagement rings and wedding rings.

9B883544-8E75-4B43-AE4A-F048D8F85497.jpeg
91B5B79D-37ED-43EF-A7F7-8C068ECF8064.jpeg
Yup. Even more with a drysuit.

IME here on the right side of the pond both spouses use just a band for wedding ring. She might be given a stone for their engagement, but around here it's very common that the same set of bands is used both as engagement rings and wedding rings.
Same with my wife and I. We have elaborate gold bands, but she also wears her moms simple engagement ring.

Water and rings don't mix for me. My 1st wedding band I lost ON OUR HONYMOON in the resort pool. My 2nd wedding band I lost at the shipyard washing up after work.
My 3rd and final wedding band is at the bottom of the ocean somewhere around Gooseberry Island Newport, RI.
I have been thinking of getting a gold tattoo around my left ring finger.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom