Webbing type for Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i currently have the mil spec polypro. it is stiff but it can stand up to years of diving and personaly i like the stiffer webbing. just my 2 cents

And as a side question, I was thinking of putting bike tubing at the bends of the plate... maybe it would reduce the chafe against the webbing and help it last longer?
-Brett

You could also try using 2" Tubular Webbing for the plate bends. Dive Rite uses this stuff on the Transplate Harness to prevent chaffing of the softer webbing and it seems to work quite well.

2" Tubular Webbing at DiveSports.com

Brad Ellis

That sounds just like my webbing.

What I did was melt about a quarter inch of the corner of the webbing and pound it flat.

Then i soaked it in water.

Once it was soaked and pliable that flattened part fit through the buckle and if needed I could clamp onto it with a pair of vice grips to pull it through the rest of the way.

Once it was actually through and dry, I could adjust it how I needed because I had enough to grip onto. But I tried to do most of the adjustment while it was wet.

Then I trimmed off the flat spot and cleaned up the end once I was all set up and adjusted right...after about 20 dives.

Hope that helps, good luck either way!

LOL...extreme measures for extreme webbing. Thanks for that. I have this huge roll I've not used for this reason, but maybe I'll revisit. Cheers for posting your tip.

LOL...extreme measures for extreme webbing. Thanks for that. I have this huge roll I've not used for this reason, but maybe I'll revisit. Cheers for posting your tip.

Well, I was raised in the "Adapt and Overcome" and "We don't plan, We Improvise" ways of thinking...

Not to mention I've got every Macguyver episode...:dork2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom