webbing recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mpez0

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Would someone describe more specifically what webbing is recommended for the Hogarthian harness? I see "resin-reinforced" as a frequent description; I believe that adds stiffness. However, I've the base material is sometimes described as polypropylene, sometimes as nylon, and mostly not described at all. Poly would seem more appropriate since it doesn't stretch more when wet. Of course, we're not putting any significant fraction of the working load on the 2inch webbing in the harness.

I'm asking because I'd like to get away from basic black and have a colored harness, to allow easy ID underwater.

thanks,

mpez0

Is this the same as regular old weightbelt webbing? My Dive Rite harness sure feels like standard weight belt webbing.

Jim

Thanks for the link, Stephen, great to support a veteran and a diver too! I've wanted to change out the basic black for identification purposes also.

There is a difference to the noodle-ability of different webbings - although I can't speak to "resin-reinforced" or whatever. The "H" brand webbing is too noodle-y for me, and the people I know who use it seem to fight a little more getting in and out of their kits. I prefer the stiffer stuff, but the people who like the looser webbing swear by it.

The stuff is cheap, so it's worth trying both.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom