Webbing color, why black?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diverdman once bubbled...
When your buddy is gasping and does not see you, hope you dont think about visible colors later on.
I am trying to be serious about safetey.
I think I will go diving all this weekend on some nice subs.
Hope you are not green
I am white, brown and red.

I too am serious about safety and have spent much of the last 12 years promoting dive procedures, equipment configuration, and "drills" -- both mental and physical -- that help manage risk.

And it may be pure luck, or good judgement, but I don't dive with gaspers! :wink: Also fail to see what difference colored webbing is going to make in an emergency situation. Colored webbing isn't a solution. As you said earlier, it's a fashion statement.

No I am not green... kermit was though. (See previous posting!!!)

When your buddy is gasping and does not see you, hope you dont think about visible colors later on.

I don't rely on bright colors to keep track of my buddy. If you need something bright try a BFL, I've heard they're helpful.

I am to. I just don't think you're going about it the right way.

Cornfed

I am a drama queen and this was something that stood out.
Thanks Bernie
Even Deeper page 317
I was now grateful that Wolfgang was undeterred by what others would think about his wearing pink,
my wife prefers the black.

I find that having my buddy hold a 10W or 18W HID helps make them more visable. In fact it allows us to exchange info even when one is behind the other. We can talk and keep track od each other without even seeing each other.

I have a pair of pink sheers because I often get stuck with the stuff that don't sell. I'm almost afrais to see what color webbing my wife sticks me with when I have to replace mine next.

Don't worry about color there are way more important things to think about.

So your saying a colored harness should take place of good buddy awareness. Knowing where your buddy is at all times is the key to buddy awareness, not bright colored harness straps. Why not cover yourself in strobes, that should make you easy to find even at depth. :D

Aren't you worried about losing her?

I am a drama queen and this was something that stood out.
Thanks Bernie
Even Deeper page 317
I was now grateful that Wolfgang was undeterred by what others would think about his wearing pink,

Move away from the bookshelf and keep your hands above your head...

Thanks all a bright yellow reg on yellow harness could be detrimental, had not thought about this.
Thanks all dive safe

I wear black becuase it looks cool. ha ha.

When I started diving everything you had a choice of two colors, black and faded black from the sun. I guess somethings never change.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom