Weather in Belize in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Driznik

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

We were looking at a trip to Belize in early May - but everything I saw about weather near Placencia that time of year talks about 'majestic' thunderheads, then I saw an average precipitation number of 2" for the month. That really doesn't sound like a lot of rain to me.

We had pretty much decided to go back to Coz, but saw similar things on the weather there, but the overwhelming opinion I've got to a post on the subject about suggested it's actually pretty good - more of a typical caribbean rain for a few minutes then clear up kind of thing.

That got me thinking that maybe Belize is an option after all. Is the early May weather in Belize really overcast most of the time?

Thanks,

D

I'd like to know about the buggy season as well. I hear the certain times of the year, prevailing wind are from on shore, and bring out a lot of biting buts (noseeums). I have heard that other times of the year, the wind are from off shore, and it's great.

Anyone know anything about this?

Driznik:
We were looking at a trip to Belize in early May - but everything I saw about weather near
D

May thru August is probably the nicest, driest most predictable time of year.

Go, have fun.

No-See-Ums? A whole different deal. If you stay in the breeze, away from any kind of decaying bio materials (from wet 2x4's to beachcombing... anything), especially between 3 and 6 pm, slather yourself in DEET, you will have no problems.

...or- they might just be on vacation. Never know.

If you are reactive, bring Benadryl. Lotion and pills.

Come, go diving, have fun. A different world entirely from that Cozumal place you've been to just to the North. A whole different world .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom