wearing of masks with cold water hoods

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anzac

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hi
i wear a Prodive Semi dry 7mm wetsuit with attached Hood
my mask leaks when i wear the hood
what am i doing wrong ?
its too cold in New Zealand to dive without the hood done up
my mask fits great normaly

You may need to trim the hood to suit you around the face. My drysuit has a separate hood and I had to carefully trim it with scissors to suit me and my mask. Also, make sure you have all your hair (if any!!) tucked under the hood and not under the mask.

I have to ask, why did you choose that username? The term "ANZAC" is very emotive and one that is extremely significant to both our countries histories. Are you sure it is appropriate that you use it?? :idk:

Just askin'. Perhaps I should just chill!

Welcome BTW.

The hood is interfering with the edges of the mask.

You may need to trim the edges of the hood..

After you put your mask on, grab the edges of the hood and pull them away from and over the edges of the mask.

Have your buddy check the mask seal edges to see if there is something in the way. The thickness of the hood may be moving the mask strap away from your face enough to allow leakage.

It is quite possible that there is some of the hood under the mask skirt. If anything gets between the mask & skin, it will leak. After donning the mask simply pull the edges of the hood back & out from under the mask skirt. Sometimes it can be difficult to notice. Have your buddy look at it & make sure there is nothing under the mask skirt seal. If the mask still leaks, then it is quite possible that the hood may be pushing the mask down or to 1 side causing the leak. If that is the case, then trim the hood edges as described above.

Back
Top Bottom