Hood for wetsuit warm water diving??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReadyDiverOne

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all, looking for a hood to wear with the ProEar mask to keep ear cups secure. Strictly warm water wetsuit diver. Any recs appreciated.

Thanks.

Something that's loose fitting and thin?

That mask and ear cups assembly already has two straps: one at the back and one on top. Are you sure you need it better secured?

If you do, get a thin hood that is not too tight (as the ear cups seem to be quite big and you really only need them to be held at place, not each and every hair).

I do not own that sort of mask.

Will a beanie do it?

Thanks for Lavacore suggestion and beanie idea. I bought the former; re the beanie, I don't think it would cover the ear cups sufficiently but who knows. Thanks very much.

Thanks for Lavacore suggestion and beanie idea. I bought the former; re the beanie, I don't think it would cover the ear cups sufficiently but who knows. Thanks very much.
Why do you want the ear cups fully covered? Do they not feel secure with the dual straps?

Hi @ReadyDiverOne

You might consider a custom-fit hood with bib or hooded vest

Hope that helps,
Derek & JMj

Back
Top Bottom