Wear my wetsuit under my "drysuit"??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got fleece undergarments with my Bare D6 drysuit, but the past 6 months, I've found that I'm fine wearing underarmor long underwear and fleece pants and jacket. Depending on water temperature (32*F-~45*F), I might triple the layers with the Bare fleece undergarments. Makes for being kind of bulky under the suit, but I'm nice and warm!

Look up "wicking" then go to Walmart. Kids sizes.

I dove at 50 °F with dry suit and I've used as underwear a normal jogging pans and pulli.
No special and costly drysuit underwear. Just normal clothes.
One point to consider is not to use clothes with zippers, buttons, metals and so on. Also no shirt, no clothes with high neck.

Go to ebay and search undergarment I brought a new 400 gram flece from a guy in NJ for less then 100 with shipping just can't remember his name. it is great, and cheap and new. Have dove it in 36 degree water and stayed warm, a friend was cold in his $400 weesle.

If the guy wants to wear his wetsuit under his drysuit and smell like God-knows-what when he takes it all off, maybe you could all be a little more understanding and not tell him about any alternatives. It's not like any of you are going to ride home with after the dive, or worse, share a Motel 6 room with him.

Back
Top Bottom