wear bc onto plane?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like this idea.

And maybe use the tank straps to turn my scooter into carry-on.

Wonder how I'll fit it into the overhead bin ... for sure it ain't gonna fit under the seat ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thanks for all the replies...I like the suggestion of adding "human friendly stuff" to it, so it doesn't look so military. If I hang come dolls from it, that would help, but then people might think some really strange stuff about me.....

You mean the inflatable dolls?

I'm a:dork2:

Are there mod alarms going off right now?

and just put it in the luggage hold above, just like it was their jacket?
TIA, Robi

Nifty idea, but you touched on a wintertime travel peeve of mine... Jackets in the overhead. I've seen crew scramble for several minutes to find spot for carryon luggage that could've been easily handled by having a few customers put their jackets behind them against the seat. Jackets should only go in the overhead once all the carryons are stashed... it'd be sort of a pain to rest against a BCD on a long flight.

I punctured the bladder on a BC once. I don't think I'd want to risk my BC being exposed to the hazards of getting hung up in the X-ray machine and other risks of wearing it on the flights.
Entertainer friends have much of their stuff fedexed to spots they are performing. does anyone fedex their gear?
You can, but you pay a lot more on normal size bags. Is shipping cheaper than airline bag fees? - CNN.com
(CNN) -- Luggage fees have some exasperated airline passengers wondering whether shipping bags would be cheaper than paying for them to fly on the same flight.

Unless you have overweight or oversized luggage you're planning to ship days in advance, the answer is usually no. Still, some shipping companies report that more Americans are opting for the convenience of leaving the lugging to someone else.

continued at link
Nifty idea, but you touched on a wintertime travel peeve of mine... Jackets in the overhead. I've seen crew scramble for several minutes to find spot for carryon luggage that could've been easily handled by having a few customers put their jackets behind them against the seat. Jackets should only go in the overhead once all the carryons are stashed... it'd be sort of a pain to rest against a BCD on a long flight.
Yeah, there is enough competition for overhead space already. I agree on the coats staying in the seat and if many BCs going into overhead essentially giving that passenger an increased allotment of space to share, they may be called carry-ons rather than vests.
How would you like your BC gate checked and thrown around like gated checked bags?

How would you like to be sent back to the ticket counter because you are over the carry-on limits?

What if they tell you that you are over on carry-on limits and your BC cannot be checked because it does not fit luggage requirments on the contract of service?​
Sticking another bag in the tank straps is just asking harder for trouble.

Thanks for all the replies...I like the suggestion of adding "human friendly stuff" to it, so it doesn't look so military. If I hang some dolls, stuffed animals from it, that would help, but then people might think some really strange stuff about me.....

My bad on mispelling...embarrasing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom