We should have a get together

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScottyK once bubbled...
Jersey- It's a pretty easy drive, and is highways the whole way. If you can get over the Throgs Neck and on to the Van Wyck, you're 90% of the way there. The roads will be empty on a Sunday morning this time of year also.

Scott

Scott - remember you're talking to someone who lives on an barrier island 7 miles long, 4 blocks across at the widest point. Only a couple structures are over 30 feet.

Throgs Neck? Van Wyck? Ya might as well be talkin Greek! I'll be fine, thank god for mapquest & a GPS.

Actually I love NYC - spent last weekend in Manhatten, drove up during the storm Friday, hoofed around all day Friday, Saturday & Sunday in the snow w/ family (niece & nephew 5 & 8 - only their second trip to NYC), cabs were a precious commodity. I made the kids walk (in the blizzard Sat) from 37th & Lex up to 55th & 5th Ave.

Jersey

I'll ask my daughter, also a diver if she is and get back to you.
Sealkie, you know me as Rayc.

Jersey once bubbled...
...Throgs Neck? Van Wyck? Ya might as well be talkin Greek! I'll be fine, thank god for mapquest & a GPS...
Does mapquest send you through Staten Island?
Everytime I use it, it seems to send me on a bass ackwards route.

:rolleyes: where did I put my directions.... in brief -

NJTP Exit 13 - yeah that puts me on the Staten Island expressway It does look like it goes north to go south. I'm open to suggestions if there is an easier/shorter/faster route.

I've noticed mapquest has erratic behavior, such as failing to get off exits & whatnot. Heading to Mountainside it once failed to have me get off the Parkway. I'll print MQ directions, read them, then consult a map & a GPS.

I usually go the Staten Island way anyway. I'm only a few miles from the Gothals, si it's just the easiest.

Oh yeah, and I can supply the West Virginia Dive Club signs!

Jersey once bubbled...
:rolleyes: where did I put my directions.... in brief -

NJTP Exit 13 - yeah that puts me on the Staten Island expressway It does look like it goes north to go south. I'm open to suggestions if there is an easier/shorter/faster route.

I've noticed mapquest has erratic behavior, such as failing to get off exits & whatnot. Heading to Mountainside it once failed to have me get off the Parkway. I'll print MQ directions, read them, then consult a map & a GPS.
Yup, SI is the best way.
For those in Central or Southern NJ.

Exit 10 will put you over the Outerbridge.
440 north (West Shore Exp) to the SI Exp
will put you over the Verrazano which brings
you to the Belt Parkway to Coney Island.

Exit 13 will put you over the Goethals to
SI Exp to the Verrazano.
Same thing, longer on the TPike.

We are confirmed for the 28th with the aquarium. Here is who has said they are going:

Myself
ScottyK
Jersey
Sealkie
XJae
Grunzster
DocMartin
Lat. Adjustment

For a total of 14 Adults, 2 Children and 2 Infants, we can still add people to the list.

If you are still thinking of coming or have any questions, PM me.

Parking is $7.00 per car and entry fee is $5.25 per person including children over 2 and seniors. I will try and get there at 9:30am and I will try and print a large poster of the logo and have it on my car. We are registered as Wreck Valley Divers and I will be getting a confirmation form in the mail that I will need to present to get us the discount.

TTSkipper

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom