We should have a get together

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TTSkipper

Reaction score
With the season winding down for most of us, I thought it would be cool to have a WV Club get together. Since we have 37 members accoring to XJae's post, I figure even if we only get about 30% turnout we still will get about 10-12 peopel together. I was thinking that somewhere in Jersey or NYC would be good.

If enough people are interested I would be willing to help arrange it, although I will need some help since I will be on vacation for 10 days starting next wednesday. I do not think that too much would need to be done as far as planning though, really just figuring out a good date/time and picking a location. As far as a date/time I was thinking about the 2nd week in December, or maybe after the holidays would be better.

Post to this thread if you are interested in attending a get together if we had one. Please post any ideas on where and when to have it as well.

TTSkipper

Hobken is a fun place! :wink:

Are we thinking about a day trip somewhere, like the NY aquarium, or an evening meet for dinner and go out thing?

Preferences?

My original thoughts were to go for dinner and just hang out, but the aquarium idea sounds really interesting and may be more feasible to those of you with kids. I would definately be up for an aquarium trip since I have not been to any in the area, just Mystic and New England in Boston.

I just saw the IMAX show last Sunday at the Museum. It was pretty good. Volcanoes of the Deep is also playing at the Liberty Science Center in Jersey City.

The aquarium sounds cool.
And you're right, it's kid friendly.

Dinner and drinks could be cool too.

Any of you Long Islanders ever go to Caracalla's Italian restaurant.
And is it still owned and operated by the chef from the Andrea Doria.
Just curious from reading about it in Deep Descent.
I think it's near Oyster Bay / Syosset on Jericho Tpk.

aquarium is a good idea and the chef of the doria might be interesting. we could steel some china and claim it's from the doria (kind of).

So far it sounds like the aquarium would be cool. Does anyone have any preferences to dates?

XJae I have never been to that restaurant but I am always up for a good Italian dinner, I will have to check it out one day if we don;t end up going there.

TTSkipper

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom