WE NEED YOUR HELP - Alki Fish n Crab!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kdupreez

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Its come to our attention that the City of Seattle intends to shut down our local scuba divers favourite watering hole at Cove 2.. they intend to close down the "Alki Fish and Crab" !! :shakehead:

We need your help to sign an online petition to keep this West Seattle favorite and Icon of an establishment operating!

The lease was up for renewal and went out for tender and for some bizarre unknown reason, they were biased towards a new "Korean BBQ" operation in place of the well established "Alki Fish n Crab"..

please visit this Online Petition and sign the petition and help us keep our little local West Seattle Icon and divers gem!

:angrymob:

SignOn.org Beta <--- Sign the Petition here!!

(Thanks Laura for putting up the petition!)

the petition with 400 + signatures has been delivered as a request for more time to assess the effect on local community. We will continue to get more signatures to show support for Alki Fish and Crab Co.

Huge thanks to Calvin from NWDC for input and all of you for your support.

At the request of some folks i think we should try to organize a gathering this upcoming Saturday.

Here is what I posted on NWDC.

So if we organize a mass of divers, we need to be respectful of the other folks who use the area. I would love to see something happen, but if we do it, i'd like to figure out a way to carpool over and park off site. given the number of responders, i imagine we might impact things a bit. I don't want to get a bad name for doing the 'occupy' thing and messing up business for the folks we are trying to support.

what i would love to see is filling the non-walkway area with divers and other folks who utilize the shoreline (kayakers, etc...) let the news crews interview us beachside or on the grassy knoll's between cove 1 and 2...
wink.gif
Lets do the thoughtful thing and not block the parking lot and sidewalk
biggrin.gif
we will also need to be respectful of folks who maybe don't support the campaign, so the grassy area is sounding better and better.

It would at very least be a great photo op for a ginormous group photo with seattle skyline in background, showing the banding together of the diverse tribes of our local scuba divers to support a common cause...

thoughts? I'm thinking Saturday would be better than sunday for those who have spiritual obligations and such?

Seattle-Protesters-in-Action-300x197.jpg

I would think salty's has an effect on ruling of bid as they are a seafood next to them, also with new tenants they can change lease agreement easier. I remember when the fish hut won the bid.

So hope your efforts do make a notion and do seattle people take ferry over for food at the fish hut, as that would be a pull from seattle people.

There is a german bar on hill abve that can help on the online petition and spread around it's called prost's.

For those who are interested, this upcoming saturday at noon a number of folks from the diving community are leading a rally in support of ACF on the grassy areas between Salty&#8217;s and ACF. We are NOT there to protest and this is nothing negative towards Marination.

Quite simply, We will be there to say Thank You, to show our appreciation, to celebrate the community that Eric and his father, Yvonne, Denise, etc&#8230; have built from the ground up and been a hub for over the past decade. We will be there to show our gratitude for every fin, hood, hat, etc&#8230; they held for us in the lost and found corner (there is a purple fin there now if you are missing it), every coat we forgot and Yvonne chased after us with and gave to our friends to drop off&#8230; Every note or item we needed to get to one of our diving friends and asked if we could leave it at the register for so and so, and could rest assured it would be delivered.

It will be divers, and fishermen, and hopefully anyone else who has enjoyed the opportunity to sit back and relax with a cup of chowder, ice cream, or brew or even just the view&#8230;

Never once were we made to feel unwelcome despite the fact that we took up seats (and parking places) for hours on end with our diving classes and groups who convene from all over. For these and so many other reasons&#8230; WE LOVE YOU ACF!!!

SignOn.org Beta

If you love ACF, the people, the community, please join us&#8230;

We are going to do our best to not mess up traffic for ACF. We will be parking either towards Duwamish Head or down aways towards West Seattle Bridge. At around 11:45 (earlier if you are walking further) we will start walking towards the Grassy areas between Salty's and Alki Crab and Fish Co.

I will be shooting some video at the event, to put together as a presentation for the City Council. We would love to add YOUR voice to this project.

Thank you for your time,

-Laura

I do want to re-emphasize that any actions taken should be for the purpose of letting ACF know that we are very happy with what has been and that we wish them very well in the future. I don't want people to put down Marination for there is absolutely no evidence that they have done anything but follow the rules the City put out.

I was talking with my favorite "garage fill station friend" last night and he commented that he was feeling sorry for them, as am I.

BTW, I talked with Yvonne, et al yesterday morning and they have been blown away by the support from the NW Diving Community.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom