We have a forum!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks to Ladydiver for creating our very own Californian forums! I guess us "Monterey up" divers belong here in the Northern California branch.

Anyway, post a hello in here, and once we get some idea of where we all live/work, we can organise some dives and stuff! Oh yeah, we need 5 signatures for the club to be official - guess we can sort that out later when we meet somewhere.

I'm in San Francisco, and usually dive in Monterey and Carmel, although I just got back from a weekend of diving in San Diego on the Ruby E and Yukon wrecks (been there twice now). Try to go diving at least once or twice a month.

So speak up and say hello! And throw in a name suggestion while you're at it.

:)

I'll buy you guys a round of Foster's next time I over your way!

Im just south of you guys but do the majority of my diving around monterey.I also try to go diving at least one to two times a month.Anyways im off to work shortly and will check back in later.

Congrats on your new forum =-). Its helped us Bottom Feeders get to know each other and dive more, I hope the same is for you.

Kevin

Make that a Sierra Nevada or an Anchor Steam!
Not familiar with those...the only one I have heard of is that refreshing authentic brew that is Australian for beer! Fosters!

I'm out in East Contra Costa County. Since getting certified last July, my buddies and I have only dived in Monterey (and our pools). :D Trying to get out later this week, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen for me.
I liked California Kelp Crawlers. Ended up doing quite a bit of that on the last dive.

Dave

O-ring once bubbled...

Not familiar with those...the only one I have heard of is that refreshing authentic brew that is Australian for beer! Fosters!
Hey O-ring, take your offer of Fosters over to www.diveoz.com.au and see how polite we can REALLY be! Besides, this is a Californian forum - it's microbrew microbrew microbrew!

Great. I'm excited over the new forum and online club. I live in the Bay Area and do most of my diving in the Monterey area. I'm Rescue Certified w/EANx, and own almost all my gear (still saving pennies for the drysuit).

Guiness anyone?

Mel

My husband and I both got certified in Monterey (and I completed my AOW at Tahoe). I must admit I've become somewhat of a WWW, and am looking forward to our trip to Saba -- we're leaving Oct. 27.

I enjoy diving and also take U/W photo and video. Just picked up my new HID light today at lunch, now I need to figure it out in time for the upcoming trip.

We try to make it to Monterey at least once a year; also make routine business trips (that I add on a day for diving) to LA, Catalina, and San Diego. Went up to Gerstle Cove once, but it was too cold and BIIIIGGGG waves, so we just enjoyed the scenery. We both dive 7mm wet suits (I know, everyone says GO DRY), when in the cool California waters.

We also journey to Florida at least once a year, Hawaii every few years -- Maui, Molokai, and heading to Kona next year. We return to Saba this year to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary, and enjoy the incredible people and diving this lovely treasure has, along with peace and quiet, R & R, and wonderful diving (can't say that enough).

Regards,
Margaret

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom