We dont need no stinkin badges!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm gonna get me some of these bad boys.

sc303.JPG

imageResizer.ashx

I'll bet you can get them on E-bay!:rofl3:

RHCE, MSCE, CCNA, CISSP...

. o O ( and please don't fix my all-caps, scubaboard editor... )

Hey lamont, Real Networks Unix System Engineer,

I see a probable difference here. The certifications you list may be required or desired by an employer of someone with your skills and they may even signify significant training or knowledge, perhaps even standard criteria for issuance. This is true of many professionals. I don't see this as AOW diver.

On the other hand, maybe I'm completely wrong.

Good diving, Craig

PS: The stapler certification is a joke right? right?

I'm gonna get me some of these bad boys.

sc303.JPG

imageResizer.ashx

Patches? Meh, just show up at the airport with this kinda swag.

70671d1263781576-we-dont-need-no-stinkin-badges-photo.jpg

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 231
Patches? Meh, just show up at the airport with this kinda swag.

70671d1263781576-we-dont-need-no-stinkin-badges-photo.jpg

Do they let you take the reels in carryon? I got in trouble when I had my reel in my carryon (attached to SMB), as apparently I could use it to tie up people (and my first stage to clobber them with). I had to inflate my SMB and everything :)

For a while, I had a number of diving and first aid badges on a jacket. The problem I ran into, was that when the jacket wore out, I had to carefully remove them and move them to a new jacket. I just gave up.

How bout wearing them on your wetsuit and looking like an underwater nascar driver!!:D:D:D

I confess - I did sew a patch onto my wetsuit.

I sewed on a "radioactive" badge to give my brother (and any one else who borrows it without asking) fair warning that I pee in my wetsuit.

I confess - I did sew a patch onto my wetsuit.

I sewed on a "radioactive" badge to give my brother (and any one else who borrows it without asking) fair warning that I pee in my wetsuit.

Sweet :wink:

OK so you have been doing the instruction game awhile and now you have a pile of nice badges that came with your certifications. If you do a search here on SB you will discover that there is a stigma against displaying them proudly on a dive trip. OK so what do you do with them? There is not any rank in diving but we do say things like a "higher level of diving" so how come I cant display my badges? I earned them, they gave them to me? and they might save me from listening to a nublits silly story about the time he dove to 60 ft and almost died when he discovered he had 300# of air.

I do not want to be the "look at me, I'm the Dude" kind of thing but I would like it known That I can teach 10 specialties if that were the case.

My latest idea is to sew them to my dive bag, that way it is not in your face on my chest or anything, but subtle. any thoughts Ideas on placement of the badges or should I just toss them and :shakehead: . unfortunately I was in the USMC and I like the Badges, What am I to do?
Hello Friend,
I got certified in 1978, and just got my DM certification in August of 2009. That was after 11 months of check and double check. It took me so long because I was juggling work and a few other things. I did want to also be sure that I could properly represent PADI and all the dive masters that had gone before me. My wife and friends in the diving community were very happy and proud of my accomplishment. As an old U.S. Army Paratrooper, I too liked patches. Mainly because they were earned and never given. And as in the old days, we would sew our patches and certifications on the leg of our bathing suits or shorts. Not to brag, but show our level of commitment. Of course with that with responsibility. You were expected to be able to live up to what you wore. Set the example, and be a positive role model.
This served to bring others into the sport, mainly because of the manner in which you represented. In this new age and struggle to be politically correct, I have as always found it best to be myself. Just a few thoughts from an old diver. Fins toward the sun, Take care Paul

I just got my 35 year instructor pin from NAUI...tiny little thing...wow, 35 years...does not seem like it.

Ok, on one hand, it is a bit of "flair"....but I am the only one left from my instructor class...so yea, I'm going to stick it on my dive jacket...until there is no one left.

I have two shirts and one jacket with Instructor patches on them... don't get many diver comments from them... but oddly, I do get asked by non-divers a lot... and many have gone on to become divers. Am always surprised how many would like to learn, but don't know how to go about it (one would think that it would be obvious... but it does not seem to be that way).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom