WBP Report - 7/30/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn:
Sounds like you guys got some good dives in, congrats on the new fish ID :)
Thanks. They were pretty nice. I found a site that shows all the common fish in lanier. Wow there are a bunch of species that are supposedly "common" that I have never encounted out there, pretty cool. Gives me hope of seeing new stuff when I go out and dive there.

Matt

Corigan:
The question being is would you rather have a 7' or a 5' if you are going with a long hose. There is a little different routing technique with both. With the 5' it comes right under your arm and then around the neck from the left shoulder side and back around. The 7' does much of the same but instead of going under the arm it gets tucked down into your belt/harness or under a can light on the right side of your body. I prefer the 7' as it gives me more hose in OOG situations and I like the routing better (wasn't much for a hose in my armpit)
My initial thinking was that I'm not going to be in a situation where a 7' would be required at this point (cave or wreck where I had to exit single file) but still like the idea of a longer hose on the primary and using it for an OOG diver. Also, my concern about a 7' was trying to tuck a hose with my current BC since it is a cummerbund instead of just a web belt like in a BP/W. I know that a 5' does not require being "tucked". Something to think about...

m7scuba:
My initial thinking was that I'm not going to be in a situation where a 7' would be required at this point (cave or wreck where I had to exit single file) but still like the idea of a longer hose on the primary and using it for an OOG diver. Also, my concern about a 7' was trying to tuck a hose with my current BC since it is a cummerbund instead of just a web belt like in a BP/W. I know that a 5' does not require being "tucked". Something to think about...
I prefer 7' hose, and I don't tuck it. I route it under the arm and around my neck once then to my mouth (see avatar). I also hate the extra hose that pulls on my mouth, and this seems to alleviate that somewhat.

Also, I really want to get wet, and Laneir is my best option. I was sick for over a month, and am catching up on stuff, but I want to try for a dive later this month. I can probably get away for a few hours the weekend of the 20th.

adder70:
I prefer 7' hose, and I don't tuck it. I route it under the arm and around my neck once then to my mouth (see avatar). I also hate the extra hose that pulls on my mouth, and this seems to alleviate that somewhat.

Also, I really want to get wet, and Laneir is my best option. I was sick for over a month, and am catching up on stuff, but I want to try for a dive later this month. I can probably get away for a few hours the weekend of the 20th.
I just ordered a 5' hose. Looking at your avatar I'm hoping mine will be a comfortable length. That is how I'm planning on running it though.

20th sounds good, but I'll need to wait until closer to the weekend to know for sure.

Brian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom