Ways you can use a spare air tank other than as scuba redundancy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The title of this thread has officially, but not actively, been changed to

"Ways you can use a spare air tank other than as scuba redundancy" only I wasn't joking when starting it...

I was going to go undercut the scuba guy who charges three facilities here in town to scrape algae off the front glass pane of large aquatic fish displays

I'll do it for free just to have new scenery, first stop is river smith's for their huge 10ft by 10ft catfish aquarium, I know the guy from trying to sell him on displaying my palmtop/captive grown SPS coral reef aquariums ten years ago. he didn't buy, but he remembers me :)

The title of this thread has officially, but not actively, been changed to

"Ways you can use a spare air tank other than as scuba redundancy" only I wasn't joking when starting it

Fixxed that for you :)

That is a more fitting title I do think, its pretty much evolving to where I am going to use it other than how it was intended even orignally by myself, in the safest possible manner, to see what one can see...this thread is a discussion about unplanned variables and brainstorming I guess pretty good stuff considering it's helping me plan safety variables in this activity.

The main take aways in all these pages is depth and location. basic dive protocol is a given already, so if you use them to dive only shallow then you are exposed to the same entangulation risks a snorkeler might face, only now with a few minutes of backup air I guess, and the same very predictable ascension risks a diver would face...at depths that reduce the danger of hardware failure in any way. I am researching with you guys a blend of the two I was willing to pay for, and use in a really tweaked way to have safe fun in the context of people who breathe underwater for reacreational purposes...

I'd like to see a Spare Air Tank explode.

I'd like to see a Spare Air Tank explode.
Wasn't there some TV show that did this at some point . . . I forget what it was called or how it ended. . .

Wasn't there some TV show that did this at some point . . . I forget what it was called or how it ended. . .

I saw it....it exploded

no crap, I thought it would just spin out of control!! Gotta explode one now. . .

Back
Top Bottom