Ways to get buddy's attention?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

57m on a single tank ?

Bouncy bouncy fun fun fun fun fun, the wonderful thing about Tigger is ... he emulates a free diver in the bounce dive stakes and just loves being off his face on narcosis.

For the rest of us using contemporary kit and techniques it'll be a two plus hour dive with plenty of bottom time and helium mix for the narcosis.

Thanks for that.
I only posted the 'basic' ones we used, so glad I was not required to remember US Navy Diving Manual list of signals.
Well thought out list that it is.

Emergency Signals from the Diver
2-2-2 Pulls “I am fouled and need the assistance of
another diver.”
3-3-3 Pulls “I am fouled but can clear myself.”
4-4-4 Pulls “Haul me up immediately.
'
Don't want to mess with the numbers if it 'hits the fan', was that 4 or 3 Chief?

I recently found this video that does a great job in answering my question and addresses many of the concerns others here expressed as well.

I'm not going to read through all these, but in the days of ol', we had steel tanks, and a knife with a metal cap. We used the metal cap on our steel tanks to bang it and gain attention.

SeaRat

Yes!
One pull STOP
Two Pulls Give me slack
Three pulls Take up slack
Four pulls Pull me up

How about OATH
1 pull- OK
2 pulls- Advance
3 pulls-Take up slack
4 pulls- Help

Our dive team uses these line signals:
Tender to Diver
1 tug- Are you OK
2 tugs- Stop, change direction
3 tugs- Surface
4 tugs- Stay down

Diver to Tender
1 tug- I am OK
2 tugs- Give me slack
3 tugs- Object found
4+ tugs- HELP!

No matter what line signals used, keep them simple so they are easily remembered.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom