Ways to get buddy's attention?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taking your reg out and tapping the purge makes a surprisingly loud booming noise under water. Maybe not the optimal way of attracting attention, but one to add to the list of how to annoy people underwater at least.

When they repeatedly don't follow direction I steer them by the ear, sometimes with a twist, it's like a marriage and you mostly don't even get any

Then there's this
full.jpg

If a so called "buddy" just goes, bugger them, 'see you later, maybe' I refuse the fin after them.
Ever had a buddy that has made you think " what am I going to say at the inquest?" Danger to themself and others.

When doing my OW, the instructor had a Quacker. I was quietly giggling into my reg each time he quacked us all to attention. It worked well! :p

Please not those. ANYTHING but those. They are intensely annoying to other divers that are anywhere in the vicinity. The sound they make carries quite far underwater and you have no idea where it is coming from. In a class context I can understand their appeal, but for real world diving in open water, please DO NOT get a Quacker!

If a so called "buddy" just goes, bugger them, 'see you later, maybe' I refuse the fin after them.
Ever had a buddy that has made you think " what am I going to say at the inquest?" Danger to themself and others.
At least you'll be at their inquest. Something that needs to be hammered home to people who're not quite as good as they think (and we're all -- or were -- guilty of that). Oh the arrogance of ignorance: I don't know what good is, therefore I'm good. Only later do your toes curl at the thought of how you were and what you didn't know then that you do now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom