WaterProof's 7mm Aries Wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coelacanth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've been looking around for a wetsuit suitable for my local NorCal waters and have recently fallen in love with the Aries

Has anyone had experience with Waterproof's wetsuits or perhaps even this suit in particular?

Thanks!

Oh and for specifically the divers in the Monterey/Santa Cruz/SF bay area: Do you know of any shops that might stock this suit? I contacted a Santa Cruz place, dude got a little angry when I asked if he could order from the company... :confused:

I visited their booth while at DEMA this year and the quality of their suits blew me away. I'm not a fan of drysuits in general due to the complexity of what is entailed with diving one, but their Taurus Semi-Dry has my interest peaked. I'm also looking at the Mares Isotherm and Cressi Semistagna Condor as well.

Looking for any thoughts on this being a decent compromise for diving in the PacNW. Simplicity is the key for my style of diving hence the suit selection.

If the "DUDE" at the dive shop got angry, I'd take my business someplace else - I remember when an LDS was there to serve the customer - seems like these days they're mostly run by scheisters who live in a scarcity mentality and don't want to compete for the buying publics disposable incomes.

Yeah, I've heard nothing but good reviews from this wetsuit (albeit I've only found like three opinions) and the brand in general. Now begins the quest to find a friendly store that will stock them... :D

Looking for any thoughts on this being a decent compromise for diving in the PacNW. Simplicity is the key for my style of diving hence the suit selection.

These are all in the end still good fitting (hopefully) thick wet suits. But, I'm not sure they are worth the price tag, just because marketing calls them semi dry. They are simple though.

Perhaps this is enough for you to pull a dive, but one of the drysuit advantages is also in the surface interval part, especially if you plan to make a 2nd dive of the day, or are in a cold, windy, snowy, etc place. You're then both dry and warm.

Drysuits are clumsy, take some time to learn and control, but have their rightful place in the diving world. Not near as nice to dive with as a wetsuit, but the advantages they offer far outweigh the drawbacks. :)

My wife dives a Waterproof "durazor" model shorty and john, each 7 mil's.
The waterproof 7MM looks and acts thicker than the 7mm it says it is. we dive in the 46 to 52 degree range. A good quality suit IMHO.

Good choice for a wetsuit. We have been carrying the Waterproof line in our store for about 9 months now and they are our best selling wetsuit. Try this link to find a dealer in your area. Waterproof - USA Dealers

Cheers,
Scott

Thanks for all the input, guys! :D These suits sounds awesome, I will try to use the gift-generating power of the holidays to procure one...

I have looked through the local shops on that link (thats how I crossed paths with the angry dude...) but I feel like it may be out of date. The angry guy said they hadn't ordered from Waterproof in two years. But I really would rather try one on in person rather than having a hit or miss situation with an online store- so the search will continue!

i have the waterproof lynx (5mm) and the capri (3mm) and have dove the aries ... love all of them. they dive great, keep me warm, and have amazing durability

i agree with you as far as wanting to try one on, especially since waterproof has so many different sizes ... also it is important that you get measured correctly, if it is done right the suits fit as if they were custom

I use a Lynx whenever I can't be bothered with diving dry. Best wetsuit I've ever had based on fit and quality.

My girlfriend got a 5mm Waterproof last year. Styling and features are great, but there were a few things she didn't like 1) very hard to get on and off for a 5mm 2) the sleeves and/or ankles (I forget which), which are made to seal very well, developed small rips in the smooth surface, even before hitting the water i.e., just in trying on a couple of times. 3) be very careful how you roll it up for travel, as the neoprene really takes a crease if folded tightly, and that crease stays forever.

Back
Top Bottom