waterproof wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry - I looked on the manufacturer's site - they did not list a US distributor. Looks like good gear however.

Dave

If you're diving in the UK I would go for a drysuit rather then a wetsuit, it's the surface interval that kills you, rather then the dive, and with a wetsuit, well, you're wet, so you freeze...drysuit, well, fill with air, look like a michelin man, but you're pretty toasty! :)

Teamcasa:
Sorry - I looked on the manufacturer's site - they did not list a US distributor.
Yeah, I don't know what that's about. I believe that they have been in business in the US for atleast a few years now, and they have a good number of dealers. They of course still only have a very small portion of the market here though. Kind of sad with how well they are made. I expect my waterproof suit to last much longer than my Henderson.

~Jess

One way or another, you're gonna get wet. If the sea doesn't get you, your girlfriend, boyfriend, or wife or husband will give you the bucket full of water in your face. :D

We have been a dealer for Waterproof since they came into the US about two years ago. They are great suits, and I have since retired most of my Henderson suits. The suits have huge demand in Europe and the owner underestimated demand in the US for the suits, so sometimes it can take a few weeks to get one, depending on your size. If you are a standard size it is usually no problem, but if are a large tall, it might be a little while. I can't recommend the suits enough. I've had mine for over a year, and it still looks brand new.

Eco Dive Center in Los Angeles carries them also, and I think a couple of other shops as well. They look a little overbuilt, practically SciFi-looking suits, but they seem very well made, and have a great rep overseas, so I'd tend to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I can't quite get past the look, though, like something that came out the prop dept., so I'd buy an Xcel if I was in the market for a wetsuit instead of diving dry.

My regular dive budy has a 7mm waterproof. He loves it, and it keeps him warm in cold new england waters. (Late may-october).

From what I can see of it it is very well made, better than some more expensive suits.

Waterproof suits are definitely sold in the US; I just bought a 5mm from my LDS in Boston. One word of warning, if you want one of these suits and have to special order it in your size it takes forever! I ordered an XS instead of the S I tried on back in May and its been on backorder forever. The LDS says its now stuck in customs, so don't expect it to be shipped from Sweden in a timely fashion.

I have a pair of Waterproof mitains for very cold water (below 40). They are very nice and work well. They might just get a bit tricky to put on since I have to do a seal with the interior.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom