Waterproof W1 or Scubapro Definition 5 mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What @StefinSB said. If one fits better than the other, that is the one that will be warmer.

If they both fit well, then it's just down to which one you like better.

Personally, I find that a front zip suit is really hard to get off without help. But, with my back zip suits, I can get them on (and zipped up) and off by myself.

I would get a ScubaPro EverFlex over the Definition. But, it is probably a good chunk more money.

The Definition has the nice lining inside, but it's not throughout the whole inside of the suit. It's just in the torso area, I think. The EverFlex has the DiamondSpan lining (which is nice and warm and feels great) throughout almost the whole inside of the suit, I believe. I have 2 different pairs of SP boots with the DiamondSpan lining and I really like it.

I have an older EverFlex 5/4mm suit. Mine only has the older lining they used to use and only in the torso area. I did 3 dives this past weekend in water that ranged from 49F to 56F (depending on which dive and how deep I went). I only really got cold on the last dive, which was the longest and the coldest (49F at 65'). I had 5mm booties, a 6.5mm hood and 3mm gloves on that last dive. The first two dives were with hood but no gloves.

I attribute my level of comfort to the fact that my EverFlex suit fits me very well and seals well at wrists, ankles, neck, and the back zipper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom