Waterproof glove for hand with stitches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Suggestion that has worked for me. Careful not to cut off your circulation!

1. Put a Rubber (Latex glove) on your hand.
2. Shave any arm hair at the wrist and duct tape glove securely to wrist.
3. Place a double (O-ring seal) over the duct tape using two snug (but not constricting rubberbands.
4. Place your hand inside a "dry glove" (one with a wrist seal) that is snug on top of your duct tape and rubber bands.

I've done this a few times and my hand has stayed completely dry (other than some sweat : )

how about medical super-glue?

I've heard how some doctors are sealing the wound with a "medical super-glue". perhaps you could ask your doctor about applying some of that to seal the wound in addition to the stitches?

how about medical super-glue?

funny enough, it's just super glue. but that's only good if you're using that instead of stitches and it's only good for minor cuts. I'd go with a latex glove under your dive glove, and maybe some duct tape. :D

funny enough, it's just super glue. but that's only good if you're using that instead of stitches and it's only good for minor cuts. I'd go with a latex glove under your dive glove, and maybe some duct tape. :D

well I figured it was at least super-glue that was made in a more sterile clean environment. :D

These are for drysuits.
The site states "The wrist seal dry glove can be used on any type of drysuit or wetsuit." The ones I am talking are on the bottom of the page, they are gloves with a latex seal attached to the glove, not just for drysuits. (I have the DC dry gloves for drysuits and they are great)....

Yep,

Got to go along with lyonsce, get the cuffed dry gloove from Diving Concepts. Been diving them for years and almost never had a leak, and when I did it was just a quick leak from how I turned my wrist. If I remeber right mine cost about $100 bucks.

northern divers makes a neoprene cold water glove with dry suit latex wrist seals. A bit overkill for a week of warm water but will keep you dry and protected.

If it were me, I'd just get some latex gloves from the local pharmacy and use duct tape around my wrist to seal the glove.

Agreed except for the duct tape.
I would just put on a simple latex glove on and a rubber band or two. The pressure alone will keep most of the water out. Wash your hands after the dive.

~ I am not a Doctor however ~

Consider the possibility that water may get to the wound anyway and based on that, ask your GP what inoculations you may need in case that were to happen. My wife and I were advised to get Tetanus and Typhoid injections before diving in the Red Sea.

This may or may not be relevant, good luck with the hand.

Regards
Richard (Riger)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom