Waterproof glove for hand with stitches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to everyone who posted!
I went to the doc today and had all the stitches removed except the one in the center of the web, which I'll remove when we're over there. I liked the product suggestions, but didn't have enough time to order, so I'm going to do a combination of things after talking with the doc. Dermabond on the wound, polysporin over the top of that, a latex glove that's taped to my wrist, and a dive glove over the top of that with rubberbands. He gave me the "lots of bacteria" in the ocean talk, but realized that I was going in regardless, so helped me figure out what would work best. We don't go in the water until 9/2, so I'm hoping all will be healed by then.
Happy Diving Everyone, and thanks again!

Don't forget that your skin will still be a little weak, so wearing some kind of splint or glove to remind you to take it easy would be a great idea.

Otherwise, you might have to go in for stitches again after you help your buddy don their gear.

Put some Superglue on it and let it dry. Worked for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom