WaterProof Brand Wetsuits ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BobArnold8265

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm still continuing my search for new wetsuits for my Wife and me. I went to a LDS this morning that advertised Pinnacle and was disappointed to find that they didn't have any in stock. I like the internet but really prefer to get my hands on one first and check it out.

Anyway, the LDS did have a large inventory of WaterProof wetsuits in stock. I have never heard of this brand prior to today and have a few questions. First, is there anyone on line who has one and do you like it ??? They look like they are well made but I always like to hear from an owner if possible. Second, does anyone know of an on-line shop that sells them ? The LDS is charging full list price and I have only found one on-line site that carries them and they are also asking full price.

They fit my Wife very nicely and I'm pretty sure that she's going to buy one. I was a bit between sizes and might continue my search. I would appreciate any feedback on this brand. Thank you for your help.

Bob

I have a Waterproof men's 3 mil full suit and I love it! It is very 'anatomically contoured' and that really does make the suit more comfortable. The ankle and wrist seals and zippers, the cool little neck zipper, pre-bent knees and elbows...I thought mine was a good value for the features it has.

There is a huge difference in the cut of the men's and women's suits. I can see how the women's suits might be more comfortable than most.

It seems much warmer (and looks thicker) than most 3 mil suits.

It is a Swedish company, though I don't think many of their products are manufactured there.

I think they have been on the European market for some time now. Perhaps some of SB's European members can shed some light on this. They are relatively new to the US market.

With a wetsuit, a good fit is essential. I was delighted to find all of these cool features in a suit that fit me well.

I have not made enough dives with this suit to comment on it's durability, but it feels very well made.

I would certainly buy one again.

Thomjinx

It's an interesting problem in optimization theory: the more pieces that a suit is made of the more precisely it is possible to fit it, but seams are the weakest points. At what point is the gain in fit negated the amount of seam?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom