Water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Water makes up more than two-thirds of the weight of the human body. Without water, humans would die in a few days. All the cells and organs need water to function.

Water serves as a lubricant. It makes up saliva and the fluids surrounding the joints. Water regulates the body temperature through perspiration. It also helps prevent and relieve constipation by moving food through the intestines.

Water - your kidneys need it, your liver need it, your entire body needs it. If everyone drank as much waster as they should imagine how much metamusil and laxative/stool softner would not be needed? You body has to work harder to filter the coffee (yes I drink 2 cups a day), tea, soda etc to get to the water.

Ice cold or with a little lemon or lime, water is great. There is a little adjustment period while you detox from your sweet flavored drinks. Bottom line, what you find in nature is what your body was meant to use. I don't see many streams or lakes of soda.

I agree with OP with two additional comments: try and avoid diet soda, as it's already been said, it always contains artificial sweeteners that are bad for your health. Also, when it comes to flavouring my water, I either drink it as tea (I make two litres of tea at work, herbal, green, even black) or with freshly squeezed lemon. No matter what kind of manufactured lemon juice you use, there are always some ingredients not present in fresh lemons.
I also drink both my tea and my coffee completely sugar-free :) No lattes or cappucinoes for me! If I want cocoa, I make one in the morning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom