Water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

triptrop

Registered
Reaction score
Always choose water. Whether you are going to a restaurant or at your own house, your friends house, etc. I would just choose to drink water. You will be saving hundreds of calories each day.

Diet Pops have come a Long way... , 20 years ago you HAD "diet" sodas but they tasted like prescription medicine ...

Nowadays there are Tons of no-calorie diet sodas that truely taste great, No reason to consume the empty calories of Regular pop.

But Calories arent your only concern here.... Sodium... sure your not gonna take in calories with that soda, but the sodium is gonna make you retain fluid.

I drink water during the week and Diet pop on the weekends... you Can see a diff. in your body when you drink the pop, and stepping up your water intake during the week is going to really help you in losing the weight.

I'm a big fan of water- when I go to a restaurant I always order 2 waters (that way I don't run out). But some people don't like the taste of water.

I don't use them, but I know there are several manufacturers who make those flavor packets that you pour into a botter bottle or glass of water. I would think that's better than diet soda or other drinks.

Just a thought.

I have 2 x 1.5ltr water bottles on my desk that i refill every afternoon so i know thats what i have to drink the next day

3ltrs = 3.2quarts or 0.8gallons

when i dont drink enough water i get dehydration headaches very quickly

cheers

a trick for those that need something with a little flavor and fizz like me. I drink water at work but for some reason don't want it when I'm at home. So I started drinking seltzer water and adding a little fruit juice for flavor (we always have the 100% juice in the house for the kids). Other option if you like a bite in your drink is get a bottle of lemon juice and add a few drops to your seltzer.

A gallon per day for me!

Im not a big water drinker, but I usually go through six .5 Litres bottles a day. And if I need a lil flavor in them, I pour 1/2 a pack of the Emergen-C Vitamin C packets to the water, or squeeze a half of lemon into it.

When I go to dinner or out, I always drink Iced Tea. I just cant stand restaurant tap water.

Emergen-C

There is water in beer.

There is water in beer.

Yeah, my boyfriend calls it "barley water".:rofl3:

Diet Pops have come a Long way... , 20 years ago you HAD "diet" sodas but they tasted like prescription medicine ...

Nowadays there are Tons of no-calorie diet sodas that truely taste great, No reason to consume the empty calories of Regular pop.

But Calories arent your only concern here.... Sodium... sure your not gonna take in calories with that soda, but the sodium is gonna make you retain fluid.

I drink water during the week and Diet pop on the weekends... you Can see a diff. in your body when you drink the pop, and stepping up your water intake during the week is going to really help you in losing the weight.

I would humbly suggest that you stop drinking diet soft drinks, or at least cut them back as much as possible. Regardless of the caloric value, they will wreak havoc on fat loss efforts and will ultimately cause you to gain weight for two reasons:
1) Sweet taste will illicit an insulin spike, which blocks your ability to burn fat
2) Artificial sweeteners disrupt satiety (the feeling of being full).
Full text: Diet Coke is a Joke, Healthy Diet Plan

Tons of info on the Internet out there about this

A few years ago, driving alone from Austin TX to Colorado, I was bored and wondered how long I could go without drinking Coke. I loved it, and knew it would be tough. Today I almost never drink it. I've had 1/2 a Pepsi in the last year and a half - and that was b/c it was that or nothing. I can't even say I like the taste anymore!

Best,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom