Water was chilly today!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Beast did 2 dives and found some loot! Water was 58º, vis about 8ft but was more than that around 50ft except it was pitch black.

There's been enough rain that the first pontoon platform has lifted it's anchor and moved almost to the opposite side of the lake. It had moved last week but is in an even different place today.

Beast has found weightbelts the last two weekends for a total of 29# more. We now have something like 230# of weights and all we've bought were our original 10# each for open water class. Beast uses 10# and I use 4#...think we have enough!?!

It was nice at the lake today, although it got a bit cloudy and cool around 4pm. I stayed warm and toasty while Beast wrestled into his 2pc. 7mil and got wet! hehe

so...where were you guys?

Here in the frozen North, we were in the water at Lake Simcoe. Water was 34ºF today, vis was about 5 feet, bottom time was 23 minutes. Air temp was around freezing at the start, coming out the sun had gone behind the clouds, the air temp had dropped below freezing and the winds had picked up. Would love a balmy 58ºF dive, maybe by next May.

Kent

I was here in Ft. Lauderdale diving the wreck of the Atria last weekend. Depth was 135, water temp 77, air temp 79 and vis was around 50 feet. The seas were alittle rough though, 3 to 5 but not bad enough to make one sick. On the second dive I cought 2 lobster and had a fresh lobster dinner that night to make the perfect ending to a great day.

Sorry, I just had to glote...:D

Scott

Am kind of bummed. Going to Orange Bowl(I am Iowa graduate)and will be in S. Florida thru January 7. However I still cant dive as I had second cataract surgery in mid October. Doctor and DAN said three month waiting period after surgery before any diving. Would sure like to hit the Spiegel Grove. Oh well the next time.

I was tied up that day in church helpiing the chior bring our adult cantada.Then it was off to senior frog iin santa fe for some sizzling faitas.After that I realized that the cusions on the sofa needed to be dusted off.Whats that honey?????I need to get up and go to bed?its only 10pm!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear I missed the nice chilly water (Yeah right). Missed seeing everyone before the holidays. It seem to fly by and
I barely wrapped the last present before I was off to Galveston.
I did get some new booties and new dry box for Christmas.
Santa must of known I needed those. Hope everyone had
a great Christmas. See ya real soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom