Water Temps on Eastern Australian Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bossk

Reaction score
What is the water temperature range from Cairns to Sydney during March? I know it's a broad range, I'm just trying to plan for what kind of exposure protection I can get away with. Used to cold Canadian diving :)

Also anyone done any diving in Tasmania? Any recommendations on charters? Water Temps? Etc, same time of year as well.

Thanks, and much appriciated! :wink:

Thanks, I cut and pasted my post there too! Going for a month or 2 just trying to get a heads up and as many of peoples experinces as possible.

Thanks again :)

Water temperature around Cairns in summer could be as high as 30C (stinking hot in my opinion) but usually is around 28-29C (still stinking hot). Temperature of water around Tasmania varies depending on location, usually ranging between 15 and 20C, but it can get much colder. I have no personal experience regarding Sydney but I expected it to be around 22C.

You will be fine wherever you go. You may get some ideas from diveoz website, generally boat dives are the way to go (unless you go to Ningallo) and I suggest that you book locally to get the best deals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom