Water Temps off Beaufort ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

last weekend was high 70's from 110 feet on up (didn't go deeper than that so don't know deeper temps) to 80's at about 20. clear, warm, beautiful - hope you have a great time!!

It all depends on where you go and how the currents are running as to where the thermoclines are. This week offshore were anywhere from 80deg on the bottom at the Nancy Lee to 76deg four miles further out on the Carib Sea. Papoose had 74 on the bottom and 82 up top. I can just about bet that you won't run into anything cooler than 72deg (bottom- and extremely rare this time of year) and warmer than 82 surface. Hope this helps you.

coop

Thanks for the information. We'll be diving for four days and on various sites. I wasn't going to bring a full 3mm, but your information has changed my mind.

Very much looking forward to this short trip.

Thanks again

NAIBdiver1

Just got back from Morehead City and dove the U-352 and the Aeolus on Wednesday last week. Temps were 84 down to 70 feet and then 75 on the bottom for the U-352 and 77 on the bottom at the Aeolus. The surface was nice with maybe 2' waves, vis was 50 to 60 feet.

Good luck, hope the same conditions hold for you...

oh, i'm glad you had a good time, gator!

Back
Top Bottom