Water Temp report?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clammy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone know what the temps are like right now in the islands? I'll be diving San Clemente Island this weekend and I got cold on a shore dive the other week diving wet, granted it was over an hour. My wetsuit is too big now so unless it's mid 60s and up, I'll get cold at 40+ minutes. I'm just wondering if I should dive wet or dry.

Wow, you have a drysuit and dive wet sometimes??? That's crazy! :wink:

Seriously though, I have no idea what kind of water temps you'll see at San Clemente, but I would vote to dive dry still. If you're planning to do multiple (hour long and/or somewhat deep) dives in a single day, you're going to get chilled in a wetsuit. I can't imagine diving wet in socal when I have a drysuit available....ymmv.

Well in the current weather, the SI SUCK in a drysuit! Wet, when done right is nice too plus I can "play" around more underwater wet. But yeah, I hardly dive wet anymore. This is a total fun mess around dive trip and I'm buddying up with a newbie to help her out. I'll be limited by other peoples air, not my own. I'm guessing 4x 45-60 min dives. Maybe I should just bring both!

When I was in catalina in July, I brought both. I think I dove dry the first day, and did 1 dry dive the second day and the rest wet. It was nice being able to hang around upside down and stuff in the wetsuit but I got cold past the thermocline =/

How's class btw? Maciej said 7 people?!

Surface intervals in the drysuit can suck....I understand! However, I'm such a huge wuss when it comes to being cold that I will take 100 degrees in fleece undergarments over being wet while diving! :rofl3:

The class is great. It's absolutely mind-blowing that people can start diving without kneeling on the bottom and while using a depth gauge and bottom timer (while keeping track of their average depth) and doing the MDL stops from the very start!!! How wonderful would it be if I could go back and start over this way and not have to fight the urge to go to my knees when the fit hits the shan....mind-blowing!

The class is filling in some holes in my training, giving me new resources (so my buddies don't have to listen to all my questions all the time!), and come this weekend will give me the opportunity to gain some much-needed experience. I'm pumped (can you tell? :wink:)!

Looks like SCI is in the high 60's may even check out tempbreak.com way cool site. Have fun on your dive that is the one place that I really want to dive be sure to put up a report when you get beack

Back
Top Bottom