Water temp in Oahu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cowprintrabbit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
What is the average water temp right now? Trying to decide if I need to get another layer for my torso (I get reeeally cold, even in 70-80 degree water.)

If I can remember correctly, it was in the low 80's at the end of June. I dove with a 5 full suit, no hood and 3 mil gloves and was great.

upper 70's lower 80's right now - very nice :D

I use a full 3mm suit all year round

justleesa:
upper 70's lower 80's right now - very nice :D

I use a full 3mm suit all year round

OH good - will be in good company then.

I dive with a 5-4-3 from X Cel. I get cold really fast though. I still get cold on the 2nd dives so I suppose I will have to get a 7 for next winter (LOL). A friend of mine uses a dry suit now, after using a 7mm for 5 years. That is crazy!!! The water temp has been around 79 lately.

Funny but before I started diving I didn't put a sweater on till the temp dropped to 40* now I am wearing a light jacket nearly every night and I'm considering a core-warmer from triple-l for my 3mil full suit as I've been getting chilled in the middle of my dives again... (79* after about 45-60min.) pretty sad really...

I guess it all depends how much natural insulation you have. We have guys that dive with us without a wet suit at all....a friend of mine, skinny with very little body fat, comes out of the water with his teeth clattering...I have no trouble doing 4 dives....that tells you that I have a bit more insulation :wink:

70 -80 degree water? :11: Wow, you all are living la vida loca!

Just dove in 44 degree water here in Virginia last weekend, and the old timers here were telling me that is warmer than usual! lol

justleesa:
I guess it all depends how much natural insulation you have. We have guys that dive with us without a wet suit at all....a friend of mine, skinny with very little body fat, comes out of the water with his teeth clattering...I have no trouble doing 4 dives....that tells you that I have a bit more insulation :wink:

Sounds like me and hubby (but don't repeat that :D), of course he's also a Michigander and I'm originally from So Cal. He wears an old, compressed, worn-out shorty just to make me feel better. I think I'll see what I can find in a corewarmer or thickish skin...

4 more days! I think I may actually make it - this is the longest week of my life...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom