Water temp at Terrell?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK - there was a massive storm at CSSP Friday night. Luckily I was snug and dry in the hands of a very competent Eagle Scout :)

Careful there Vanessa. We have laws about contributing to the delinquency of a minor around here! :)

....of the woods, that is...:D D'feild gets cold quick and is only about 30' at it's deep, dark, cold, spring fed depths, but has decent vis at times. It's fun to cruise around @ 10-15' and fish watch, or treasure hunt under the swim platform. We boated on Lake of the Pines Friday and were T-ballin' with the grandson all day Saturday, was a nice weekend.

We're considering going back there in July or August, maybe we could get a group together to dive. I'll PM as it gets closer and see if you want to go.

I'll quit hijacking this thread now...:wink:

Rhonda

Memorial Day it was 75 on the surface, down to 56 degrees at 56 feet (in the silos). I'm still diving a 7mm with hood and gloves so don't really know where the thermocline was.

I was there Sunday May 24th. IN a 3mm suit with a hood and gloves. Honestly it was toooo coold at the plane, 64 degrees about 22 feet, 62 at the bottom. Surface was 74 down to about 18-20 feet. Even Cisco (the Shark) was shivering. I think it will be nicer May 31. It was packed and by the end of the day the visibiity was about 5 feet.
Larry

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how the temps this year compare to temps at the same time last year? Everyone keeps saying we've had cooler weather than last year, but it seems the same to me. Didn't dive CSSP around this time last year, so can't check my log book. Murray is running about the same as last year.

Rhonda

I think it's been alot cooler so far than last year. We'll be out there this weekend and one of my students is a 10 yo girl. She's awesome though, a fish...but she's tiny! Her dad is 'sposed to be getting her a wetsuit....if he doesn't, I won't let her dive. He got her a little shorty, about the size of a large dog sweater, and it fits her perfectly so he knows the size to get, and was told to get her a full suit. We just don't have rentals that small.

But back to temps...I was really hoping it would be warmer by this time and the thermocline below the platforms.

I think Robert should invest some money in a set of natural gas fired boiler units for heating the water. :wink:

When we take a group to Aquarena for their open water checkouts, I always know the ones who are going to have the shivers and blue lips, and that's with a wet suit. Last trip there we had a rail thin guy who was wearing a wetsuit that was baggy on him. We had to get out of the water and put him in the shower to warm him up.

I think it's been alot cooler so far than last year. We'll be out there this weekend and one of my students is a 10 yo girl. She's awesome though, a fish...but she's tiny! Her dad is 'sposed to be getting her a wetsuit....if he doesn't, I won't let her dive. He got her a little shorty, about the size of a large dog sweater, and it fits her perfectly so he knows the size to get, and was told to get her a full suit. We just don't have rentals that small.

But back to temps...I was really hoping it would be warmer by this time and the thermocline below the platforms.

Richerso--did you get my PM?

Yes. Thank you for the info. Sorry I didn't reply. I am going to try to make it out to cssp this weekend; but it ain't looking promising. I am going to keep trying though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom