Water temp at CSSP?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jarrett

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
GF and I are deciding on whether to hit the water this week to finish AOW and wondering what the water temps are now that a couple of nice cold fronts have rolled through. Anyone know a water temp for CSSP this week? Thanks.

Last Sat 11/12/05 for the DOG days demo, the water temp was 68:11: . Not too bad for a dry suite so they tell me. I was there and it was kind of cold for me.

Ah, 68 is doable. That's what it was the last time I was there. Thanks.

Warmer than last year -- Debra W. of Surface Interval reports that it was 60-62 based on her log from a class last year. Subzero and I will be out there on Saturday after Thanksgiving. Bad news is that vis=five ft, as per last weekend's reports. Ya win some, you lose some, and some get rained out, but ya suit up for all of them.

--Wayne

Jarrett:
GF and I are deciding on whether to hit the water this week to finish AOW and wondering what the water temps are now that a couple of nice cold fronts have rolled through. Anyone know a water temp for CSSP this week? Thanks.

I was there yesterday morning (Sunday) temp 64 degrees.

Regards,

Thanks to those that have responded. Sounds liek it's starting to get a little chilly out there. I guess I need to go and find out if I can handle diving in sub 60 degree water in 5mm/hood/gloves.

Jarrett:
Thanks to those that have responded. Sounds liek it's starting to get a little chilly out there. I guess I need to go and find out if I can handle diving in sub 60 degree water in 5mm/hood/gloves.

Yea, I know what you mean, I've got a 7mm in the closet that has never been wet. Haven't really had much of a desire to try it out after dry suit diving at the DUI demo day...
Guess I'm becoming a wuss..........:D

Jarrett:
I normally dive with 7mm + 5mm hooded vest when temps are in the 50's - works very well. Of course, dry suit would be better.

Enrique

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom