water park in northeast where kids can do snorkeling and see colorful fish ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miserkris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I live near Philadelphia. Usa.

Is there an aquarium or water park in northeast where kids can do snorkeling and see colorful fish ?

There has to be an artificial pond or a pool with some colorful fish somewhere for this. That's my guess.

Pls advice. Thanks
Kris

The only place I can think of in your area would be Dutch Springs. It is a flooded quarry that has a water park and is also a dive location. There are fresh water fish only, but nothing tropical if that is what you are looking for. If you want tropical fish you would have to checkout local aquariums to see if they have diving programs. The one at the Baltimore inner harbor has scuba diving but I do not know if they allow snorkeling.

I live near Philadelphia. Usa.

Is there an aquarium or water park in northeast where kids can do snorkeling and see colorful fish ?

There has to be an artificial pond or a pool with some colorful fish somewhere for this. That's my guess.

Pls advice. Thanks
Kris

This is Dutch Springs. Colorful enough?

[VIMEO]65945770[/VIMEO]

Reactions: RJP
Dutch is too cold and murky.

You guys made good points.

I guess this is why people flood to Caribbean I guess. Wish the pilgrims landed in Florida or something.... then all big USA cities would have been south. Lol.

Too cold & murky? My kids love snorkeling at Dutch (my daughter now dives). They play around the Island, back cul-de-sac and have even trooped to the other side to see the old plane. End of July - Sept is the best time to go. I saw a group of kids snorkeling just last week. Dutch is better then nothing at all.

Too cold & murky? My kids love snorkeling at Dutch (my daughter now dives). They play around the Island, back cul-de-sac and have even trooped to the other side to see the old plane. End of July - Sept is the best time to go. I saw a group of kids snorkeling just last week. Dutch is better then nothing at all.

Really? What's the water temp in July- sep?

Are there clear, shallow spots to snorkel and yet see some fish ? I'm considering Dutch now..... my 5yo started to snorkel now.

Only place I can think of that has a lot of water activates and does have scuba, I assume you could call to see if they have snorkel and fish to see, would be brownstone discovery park in Connecticut.
I know a lot of people that love it up there. Probably a 4.5 hour drive from you.

Can someone lmk what's the water temperature in surface in Dutch springs?
We might go in a week. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom