Watch your Paypal account carefully!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
I got hacked today and they charged a pretty penny to it. I changed my password and other info. Now Im waiting for dispute to resolve this issue. Out the cash for 10days.. maybe more. :shakehead:

For those with Paypal I will post more once this is resolved.

Just wanted to give a heads up!!!

Thanks for the heads up. I have mine tied to my Visa card, extra protection, and they send me a Text for every charge.

Gees.......I think I will go change my password....

I use a unique PalPal password that I don't use for anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For secure passwords for any banking stuff, use at least one capital letter and a couple of numbers. Common words and names are not good to use.

I like the text idea. Would be fast to shut it down quickly.

For secure passwords for any banking stuff, use at least one capital letter and a couple of numbers. Common words and names are not good to use.

I like the text idea. Would be fast to shut it down quickly.
I usually get the text before I leave the store. It's a nice safety and free.

I keep no money in my PayPal account... have it tied to a separate bank account that I only provision when I make a PayPal purchase... Have a separate credit card as backup, and as Don already mentioned, that's a zero-liability account, and my password for PP is rotated every quarter.

I'm king of the skeptics!

Another thing I do is remove my credit card information from the account when I am not using paypal.

I got mine hacked early this year too. My bad for using the same passwords to almost every account I have online. I had it fixed anyway, it was a pretty long process though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom