Watch Style Computers - Latest thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

winedog

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking for a watch-style computer to use when travelling and as my backup (Shearwater Perdix AI is my main computer). I'm toying around with the idea of ScubaPro Mantis M2 or Suunto D4i. User replaceable battery is important to me.

Strangely I can't find much in the way of reviews on the M2 Mantis so if you have one, please share your thoughts/experience.

i just got done with a little bit of the same topic. Here is the link to the thread i started that had alot of good information brought up OCi or D4i or i450t. mine is not going to be a back up but since it is a watch style i thought i would give a little input.

My choices were between the D4i, OCi, and i450t...i ended up going with the i450t. havnt got to dive with it but feels great, looks great, and played around with it at the house and very user friendly. i was able to get one new in the box with a new transmitter of ebay for $630.

take this with a grain of salt as i am a newbi and also have not been able to dive with my i450t yet, but here is what made my decision for me.

#1- screen is very easy for me to navigate since the dive mode display is broken up with divider lines. my Suunto i had prior does not have the divider lines and sometimes i was translating a number to the wrong information.

#2- i450t looks amazing as a watch IMO. And that was another big reason for me to switch. I live in Alaska so i am a vacation diver only right now and i wanted something i could wear 24/7 while on vacation.

#3- very very simple user replaceable battery on both the computer and transmitter. and i was able to find battery kits for both units online fairly cheap so i can have a spare battery kit for each unit in my Save-a-Dive kit.

#4- was able to get a smoking deal on Ebay for it. cant ask for a better deal than i got. Both the computer and transmitter were new in factory packaging for only $630.

hope this helps out a little

Don't rule out the Garmin Descent Mk1. It doesn't have a user replaceable battery as such, but is rechargeable so if you have access to a USB port up you are set. It works well as a backup to the Perdix AI as it uses the same algorithm and can be set with the same GF ratios. It doesn't have AI, though.

Teric
Will read the same sensors as the Perdix
If you already know the Perdix, the Teric will behave the same. You can set them to match so things like NDL will be the same on both. No confusion with different computers giving different information.

Teric
Will read the same sensors as the Perdix
If you already know the Perdix, the Teric will behave the same. You can set them to match so things like NDL will be the same on both. No confusion with different computers giving different information.
Interestingly, I notice that the deco plans between the Perdix and Teric are not identical. Often a minute difference in run time on the same input.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom