Watch out for that SUB!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well a while ago they said that because of the condition of the San Pedro they didn't want anybody tying off over there any more - not that anybody listened...lol

VBlueV:
awww... boat-hook... gaff... 'look the same to me =P
I tell ya what Mr. Blue... tell me how different they look to you when are in the water and a 5 ton boat is charging at you with a grinning lunitic that has a gaff in his hands :shakehead. But all is good, I am no longer afraid.

scottitheduck:
On the subject of subs....... one of em clipped our line yesterday so when our groups got back to where we tied off on the San Pedro, no ascent line. Good thing we could get back over to the YO and use the big white ball. Anyone keen on putting down a more permanant mooring on either the SP or YO?
Someone was talking about that on the VHF yesterday... sounded exciting

fishb0y:
There is a sign on them now saying you can't ride the subs...
i didn't see no stink'n sign =)
sub3.JPG

who needs a dpv.. when you have the atlantis X to take you to the fish-pyramids, airplane-wreck, AND the yo/sanpete? (i might have to get a doubles rig tho =)

I never heard of anyone getting sucked into the props. It's impossible from the top of the sub since they are positively buoyant, and there should be screens on the intake side unless the maintenance guys forgot them again.
They don't like people riding them since the pilots don't know if you're having controlled fun or just an idiot trying to be a jerk. When the sub surfaces and you're in the area, it would make things pretty busy with the shuttle boat, the crew boat, the sub, and Johnny Cousteau, Jr. all floating in the immediate vicinity.
That might get you a nicely deserved write-up from the Marine Patrol or an arrest from the USCG for interfering with the safe operation of a submarine in a restricted operating area.
And just how lucky do you feel about appearing Federal Court to 'splain that one to the judge?
The bad news is that since it's a federal offense, you won't get locked up with Catherine96821 since she just violated state law.
Still, there's always that finite chance that you'll get locked up with her for however many years the courts deem fit for these horrific crimes.
The only subs I messed with were the ones piloted by people whom I knew. Depending on the pilot, the list in the sub when I mooned one side or the other was pretty cool. All those flashes going off were neat too.

justleesa:
ah...you didn't have a dive professional with you...it's a part of the breifing :wink:

Hey- what's this? All the cool stuff happens after I leave? What kind of professional dive guide are you? I didn't get to see any renegade sub- all I got to see was a bunch of turtles, some spinner dolphins, about a milliion fish, quite a few octopi and various other sea-stuff... and ONE white tipped reef shark.

calscubagirl:
Love all the photos guys. The sub shots are *****en!

The last ones were really big. Could you make them smaller, my screen isn't that big. :wink: Lots of scrolling back and forth, lol.

I guess SB doesn't like Cali beach talk, LOL. The sub shots are cool! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom